• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

The underage purchase of toliet paper or Why Central Illinois is Going to Hell #3

That has got to be the most ridiculous story I've read so far this year. I think a civil suit is in order. :-D

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
How stupid could that employee be. That clerk should be forced to stand in front of the store and face a barrage of eggs and toilet paper;)

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Teens using toilet paper is one of society's biggest problems. Just because teens on MTV are using toilet paper sure as heck doesn't mean that my kids'll be using it.

boiker

Cyburbian
Seabishop said:
Teens using toilet paper is one of society's biggest problems. Just because teens on MTV are using toilet paper sure as heck doesn't mean that my kids'll be using it.
This comment deserves an award:

donk

Cyburbian
Seabishop posted

Just don't make them use these leaves.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
From the article's author: Good move. Toilet paper can be a dirty business, yet it's best to wipe the slate clean before Kroger becomes the butt of any jokes.
This guy deserves three years hard labor for these stupid puns.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Come on... it's cool to use tolet paper, and everyones doing it.

Let's go TP the clerks car!!!

boiker

Cyburbian
This is even more unbelievable and disturbing of a quote.

The Chillicothe Kroger referred me to corporate spokesman Jeff Golc. He told me, "What you have is a clerk that made an independent decision. That has been corrected."
Low skill workers are being turned into machines.

Pick up product
Scan product

If, No beep
Then
Scan until beep, For 5
Then price check
end if

Place product in bag

loop sequence.

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
You just never know with the kids around here in Central Illinois. Why, just the other night I made a late-evening run to Kroger and was preceded in the checkout line by three young men of the high-schoolish persuasion, each holding two two-dozen cartons of eggs. One said, loudly enough for the adults nearby to hear, "We sure have to make a lot of pancakes! Yep, a whole lot!" His friends snickered as they left the store. I'll bet some unlucky homeowner wishes that the Peoria Kroger clerk worked here, instead. ;-)