• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

The view from your office

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Here's mine.

(What can I say ... it's a slow lunch.)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I suppose I'm jealous...

Yes, this is my "outside" view. When they renovated our building, I got stuck with the space overlooking the basement's emergency exit doors. On the other hand, if that building element wasn't there I would have a view of an aluminum smelting operation, so I guess there is a silver lining....

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Any other cold weather locales??

Sorry about the screen window distortion....

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I can't imagine anyone having a worse view than me. It's cold, we just have no snow. Note the bird crap on my window.

Mary

At this point I have no window but we are moving in a few months and then I'll have a lovely view of a sea of pavement :)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I should have taken a picture from my office window from when I was working in Aurora, Colorado. Sixth floor, with a window across the length of my cubicle space -- unfortunately, it was a view east, out towards the plains. Other planners with more seniority got southward facing windows, which permitted a view of the Front Range south of Denver -- you could see Pike's Peak and the skyline of the Denver Tech Center edge city.

The PD -- my gawd, her corner office looked out towards the west and north -- downtown Denver, a full frontal view of the Rockies, and up I-25 to Cheyenne. You could literally see three states from that window, and storms and forest fires a hundred miles away or more. I'll nominate that office as having perhaps the best view of any planner's office, anywhere.

I did come close to having an Oh-My-God view, though. I turned down a job in North Carolina -- the location was on one of the barrier islands, a bit too far removed from civilization. (Nearest big city was Raleigh, about three hours away.) What would have been my office was on a beach, with the Atlantic Ocean about 100 meters away.

Bullwinkle

Cyburbian
Here's the view from my office. Over the tops of the buildings and through the power lines is Payette Lake - trust me, it's there under the snow and ice. Beyond that is Brundage Mountain: http://www.brundage.com/webcam/WPage.html

elguapo resized the photo 2-11-2002

Last edited by a moderator:

magmae

Bucolic imagery

My breathtaking view... the dumpster is only eclipsed in beauty by the gray New England day.

Top Bottom