• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Things that will happen in California if Conan the Republican wins

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
1) California wineries ravaged due to frequent visits by Maria's side of the family.

2) His first duty in office: to crush his enemies, see them driven before him, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

3) Signs at the Mexican border will reade "Hasta la vista, baby!"

4) Governor controls next Watts riot single-handedly.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Madcap Governor’s cabinet made up solely of kindergarteners will result in many hijinks!

Alien invaders (Mexicans?) will be destoyed with own self-destruct devices.

Gov will peel back skin of his robotic hand to proving he is from the future to scare lobbists.

nerudite

Cyburbian
As part of the world's greatest publicity stunt, the newly elected governor descends from heaven on a cloud to amaze the people of California; however, on his descent he scares some old people in a plane...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Another Kenndy politician dies a tragic early death.

Wulf9

The state will have a $38 billion dollar deficit and conservative Republicans won't allow a tax increase to pay for services.

Hey, that's what we have now.

pete-rock

Cyburbian
Wulf9 said:
The state will have a $38 billion dollar deficit and conservative Republicans won't allow a tax increase to pay for services.
The Governator will front the State of California $38 billion of his own cash to cover the deficit.

Michele Zone

BANNED
Arnold's German accent will increase tolerance for that kind of thing. This will result in my kids no longer laughing at me and making fun of me when I apply German grammar to English and it comes out sounding weird.

(The curse of growing up in a bi-lingual home: Mom would not teach me German growing up but her weird way of speaking English rubbed off on me. It doesn't sound Funny to me when I say those things. Sounds totally Normal to my ear.)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Administration's Tag Line:

"May the Schwarz be with you."

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
I am a huge Ahhhnold FAN!

But am I the only one who thinks of the german scientist in "Dr. Strangelove" when he speaks?

:) :) :)

Wulf9

I suspect that Arnold will find Hollywood gossip magazines to be "kind and gentle" compared to the dirt that will be flung his way in the political process. Unless, of course, the tightly-controlled media won't print the nasties in his background that are now being researched.

Another possibility is that the ultra conservative Republicans (and that is the majority of California Republicans) will vote against the recall because they think Arnold is too soft. (likes kids. Might even want to spend some money on their education, health care, and quality of life.)

Tom R

Cyburbian
strangelove

But am I the only one who thinks of the german scientist in "Dr. Strangelove" when he speaks?

Scarry ain't it. Put Aaahnold, Henry Kissinger in the same room and add Werner Von Braun, and there you have it, the fourth reich.

I'm a great Peter Sellers fan. I think he would have been a better gov. or maybe Attorney General. "I would like a lrume."

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: strangelove

Tom R said:
Scarry ain't it. Put Aaahnold, Henry Kissinger in the same room and add Werner Von Braun, and there you have it, the fourth reich.
UMM I thought Ahnold was Austrian?

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
Gyms will become as common as Starbucks. Girly-man members of his staff who do not pass fitness tests will be sent to Hans and Franz. They will PUMP (hand clap) YOU UP!

Miles Ignatius

Cyburbian
It'll Be Ugly, For Sure...

Well, let me let you in on what I've been reading in my tea leaves. (Before smoking them, of course...)

Both Santa Monica and Berkeley will declare their independence from the state of California, asserting their
right to secede and to distance themselves from "politically
incorrect" acts to committed by Gov. Terminator-Perpetrator. Their "collective" action is sanctioned (at least in their view) by the wide use of the term "The Peoples' Republic of........."
when referring to their municipalities. Soon to follow in declaring in their footsteps are Boulder, Colorado, Madison, Wisconsin, and Ann Arbor, Michigan.

Stay tuned, Film @ 11.....