• It's easy to sign up and post! Register with a working email address (we won't give it to others, or spam you), or through Facebook, Twitter, or a Microsoft ID. Google and LinkedIn coming soon. 🙂
  • If you're returning to Cyburbia, your old password should still work with your username. If you can't remember your password, you can reset it here. If your email changed, or you can't get into your account, follow these instructions.

Things YOU do that drive your SO nuts

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
You know exactly what it is that your SO does (or did) that drives you nuts. Maybe you mutter under your breath when it happens, maybe it precipitates a fight......but let's be honest, relationships are a two-way street. Surely there's something YOU do (or did) that drives your partner insane too (or so they claim). What are those behaviors?

Me, I make the mistake of de-stressing in two ways that evidently drives my SO nuts:
1) play computer games for a period longer than 30 minutes.
I should be spending that time doting on her instead.
2) listen to or watch on YouTube the song "Godzilla" by Blue Oyster Cult with the volume turned up.
It's an obnoxious song. You've heard it before dozens of times. Aren't you tired of hearing it AGAIN? It's too loud.

Chew.

I can chew on a marshmallow and she'd say I'm making too much noise. For whatever reason, the sound of chewing is a trigger for her. 8-!

When the wife has a bad day, I try to fix things and offer input. She just wants me to listen without talking and 100% agree with everything she says, even if she is wrong.

She also hates arguing with me because I argue like an attorney and she ends up saying something that eliminates her reason or argument or proves that I am right. She does not like it when I am right.

I also back into parking spaces, I eat spicy foods, I will do all the laundry without folding the clothes, and she does not like that I put the dishes into the dishwasher do they face the center.

Finally, the I will 'fix' the toilet paper roll so it goes over instead of under, I will keep the house at 68 degrees and she says that is too cold, and I tend to track saw dust into the house from my garage /woodshop.

When the wife has a bad day, I try to fix things and offer input. She just wants me to listen without talking and 100% agree with everything she says, even if she is wrong.

She also hates arguing with me because I argue like an attorney and she ends up saying something that eliminates her reason or argument or proves that I am right. She does not like it when I am right.

I also back into parking spaces, I eat spicy foods, I will do all the laundry without folding the clothes, and she does not like that I put the dishes into the dishwasher do they face the center.

Finally, the I will 'fix' the toilet paper roll so it goes over instead of under, I will keep the house at 68 degrees and she says that is too cold, and I tend to track saw dust into the house from my garage /woodshop.
Most of those are a universal comment on the divide between husband and wife. ;)

Gedunker

Mod
Apparently, telling her she is wrong, when she is in fact wrong, didn't go over too well.

Being the kids' preferred parent wasn't helpful either.

Oh, well.:-|

Planit

Cyburbian
Mrs. P leaves lights on when she leaves a room or closet. She'll go out to the garage and come back in a forget to turn off the light. She'll go in the closet and not turn off the closet light. I've come home from work and they are shinning bright.

She also sees the worst case scenario in most things. Example - I'm going to the storage building to get my albums (vinyl for you younger ones) and she said that they'll all be ruined because they've were in the attic and now storage and the temps would have ruined them by now (guess what, they're fine). She said she does that so when it turns out better she won't be disappointed.

Yep, she might be crazy. She married me didn't she!?!?!?!

dvdneal

Cyburbian
This list could go on forever. Especially if you asked her. Here's a few:
1. Smoking cigars in the garage - I guess the smell gets into the house
2. Using the bathroom - I guess the smell gets around
3. Not running the dishwasher - it must be empty before she can go to bed.
4. Not handling the kids problems - did I mention the kids will walk right by me without saying anything and go bug mom.
5. leaving lights on or just turning on lights in general
6. leaving my shoes under the bed - she trips on them. Just be grateful I don't leave them out in the open anymore

Evidently, I :r:roll my eyes/sigh:r: a lot. I didn't realize I did, until I got married.

Also, I interrupt him sometimes. Usually, when he accuses me of interrupting him, it's because I can't hear him when he's in the other room and I start talking/asking him a question as I walk towards him.

Wanting to talk about possible options that might be available after a decision has been made. Hey - the decision isn't made yet, so don't go bringing up all those unnecessary distractions! Well - I like to toss the ideas around - helps me make decisions.

Talking too loudly on the phone.

Not throwing the beer cap away immediately after opening the beer.:b: