• If you're returning to Cyburbia, your old password should still work with your username. If you can't remember your password, you can reset it here. If your email changed, or you can't get into your account, follow these instructions.

Thirsty? Don't look at this Las Cruces thread (broadband recommended)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Las Cruces, New Mexico, where I spent four years of my life.

The following are a few of the many images in http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=524

Yes, it sprawls.

1las_cruces_003.jpg

1las_cruces_006.jpg

1las_cruces_012.jpg

1las_cruces_043.jpg

1las_cruces_004.jpg

1las_cruces_014.jpg

1las_cruces_026.jpg

1las_cruces_029.jpg

1las_cruces_015.jpg

1mesilla_010.jpg

1las_cruces_050.jpg

Cruces is more like a mini-Albuquerque with some Santa Fe thrown in than nearby El Paso.

jresta

Cyburbian
The backdrop is really nice but the rest of it just depresses the hell out of me.

it reminds of the set of some cheesy early 90's movie about suburban kids fed up with their environment or some indie flick about desolation and despair.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
jresta said:
The backdrop is really nice but the rest of it just depresses the hell out of me.

it reminds of the set of some cheesy early 90's movie about suburban kids fed up with their environment or some indie flick about desolation and despair.

Yeah, I can see a group of "bored-out of their minds" kids hanging-out and starting small fires on that residential street. :-\

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I have been there a few times, last month most recently. It is not a city that inspires me, although there is a great deal of potential in the setting (to the east). Maybe it has too much of a military presence, or maybe it is the interstate sprawl. Anyway, there are still many far worse places.

BKM

Cyburbian
I sorta agree with Cardinale-there are far worse places. I actually thought some of the (admittedly boring) streets had a certain sleepy charm. Not a place I would want to live, but compared to midwestern factory towns of similar size (Marion, Indiana, anyone?) its not THAT bad. Or is it, Dan?

H

Cyburbian
I have never been, but I know it is home New Mexico State University. Does the U give a university vibe to the city??