• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

This is interesting

ludes98

Cyburbian
Bizzare. I had no idea that it was such a problem. I don't like the idea of TV in the car. I love movies and NOT watching would be hard for me. Plus I like to see my surroundings. I loved "car games" as a kid, and I used to try to read every business sign untll I was actually a driver myself.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
You know, if that woman had a DVD player in her car, her kid might not have been looking outside the window to see the real world :p :f: 8-! :5 :-x :d:

JNL

Cyburbian
We were always told the way to avoid getting 'car sick' is to watch the view out the window. Reading in the car makes a lot of people car sick. What does watching TV in the car do??

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
JNL said:
We were always told the way to avoid getting 'car sick' is to watch the view out the window. Reading in the car makes a lot of people car sick. What does watching TV in the car do??

Apparently it depends on what you are watching ;-)

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Wow!

That is interesting.

It just shows that life keeps getting more and more complicated at a faster rate with each passing decade.

The older I get, the more I think we need a good civilization reset. You know, set the world back, technologically, a good 150 years. This brings out the latent Luddite in me, I guess.

Also, don't the police have more important things to worry about like murders and rapists and gang violence and poverty and homelessness, etc, etc, etc.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
I remember when part of the excitement of travel was to view the scenery between the point of departure and the destination. Just another example of dumbing down behavior.

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Unless I am going for a very long drive and I want to see the news or maybe some other short term entertainment.
( I would keep the glassess tinted ;-) )
But frankly whenever i buy my next big car/SUV, the DVD player and screen are already on the wishlist. There are many uses to it.