• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

this is MONTREAL IN JUNE: part one - jesus, chinatown, downtown, models!

the following photos were taken at fashion show/stefie shock concert on mcgill college avenue.

now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

boiker

Cyburbian
BKM said:
Very lively streets! Thanks for bringing these here.
It felt as if it was a festival atmosphere.... was the "Last day of Winter" festival that's held every June 15 in Canada? :p

Either the composition of the photographs was wonderful or Montreal has very lively streetlife. It is a vision to strive for.

Kiltie

boiker said:
Either the composition of the photographs was wonderful or Montreal has very lively streetlife. It is a vision to strive for.
Thats the way Montreal is. Spent seven years at McGill (two degrees), and Montreal is a great place to live (politics aside), particularly in the summer time! :-D

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Great photos! I should really, really visit Montreal. Great to see all the pedestrian traffic in the CDB.

Teh hotties are teh bombrz!!!!!1!!! :D

Chinese signage isn't subject to Quebec's language laws? I bet if those signs were in English, the business owners would find themselves in a heap of trouble.

all signage is subject to language laws, but i doubt non-english signs are much of a concern. quebec isn't surrounded by 330 million sinophones or yiddishophones, after all.

metroboi

Cyburbian
Thanks for the tour. I have not seen many photos of Montreal from street level so this was nice.

Agcrisco

Cyburbian
Great pics!! Politics aside is right. It dosent matter how a Canadian city is, Americans find it hard to give money/tour/live a country who is SO Anti-American, that it's government refuses to let its citizens view the Fox news network.