• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

This is why I do not work in FL

Status
Not open for further replies.
ebeech121 said:
Hey now!!! I'm highly offended!!! You're supposed to be a "true" Southerner, but you didn't even spell "y'all" right! (It's a contraction between "you" and "all")
I spell y'all just like ZG most of the time: ya'll. I think it is due to spelling I'll, she'll, etc. Besides, if you say it right, it sounds like the "ya" part is short for "you". :-D

(I got ribbed about this in a forum where the Georgia resident didn't realize I was born and raised thar. So I already know all my defenses. There is also the Dyslexic Fingers defense: fingers frequently put apostrophes in the wrong place, even though my brain knows where they go.)

H

Cyburbian
ebeech121 said:
Hey now!!! I'm highly offended!!! You're supposed to be a "true" Southerner, but you didn't even spell "y'all" right! (It's a contraction between "you" and "all")

ja'll need uh nuw sudern kuntry dicshunary. :p

because since it is not even a word, there really can be no true way to spell it. :-D

I try to spell it out as in "you all", but I am sure if you look back through my posts I have spelled it "ya'll", "y'all", and now "ja'll", just fer fun. :)

H

Cyburbian
Michele Zone said:
that's the Germanic Southern version, right? :-D

I guess it could be. :) But try saying it with a southern nasal drawl, it is more of the cracker way of saying it (from what my ears hear anyway). :cool:

biscuit

Cyburbian
H said:
I guess it could be. :) But try saying it with a southern nasal drawl, it is more of the cracker way of saying it (from what my ears hear anyway). :cool:

Herr H ist korrekt. Das klingt den Cracker, nicht deutschen

Entschuldigen Sie bitte mein schlechtes Deutsches.... Y'all. :-D

Planderella

Cyburbian
biscuit said:
Herr H ist korrekt. Das klingt den Cracker, nicht deutschen

Entschuldigen Sie bitte mein schlechtes Deutsches.... Y'all. :-D

I translated that to mean "This thread has gotten way off-topic....will a mod please close it?" Of course, I will gladly oblige. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.