• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

This Web Site id Whack

Cardinal

Cyburbian
The number of useful sites on the internet never fails to impress me. For instance, this site ( http://www.rinkworks.com/dialect/ ) will translate a web site into a number of dialects, including redneck, jive, and Swedish Chef.

Is there a web site you are proud of? Schaumburg, for instance?

"Dank ya' fo' visitin' de official web site uh de Village uh Schaumburg, Illinois. Aldough Schaumburg be de largest centa' of economic development in de State uh Illinois, outside da damn City uh Chicago, we is still real much some community uh neighbo's and neighbo'hoods.
Quality uh life be impo'tant t'us and we is constantly wo'kin' t'enhance it. Man! Schaumburg boasts mo'e dan 80 miles uh bike alleys, de Schaumburg Prairie Centa' fo' de Arts wid some 442-seat deater, gallery and outdoo' stage, and Sprin' Valley Nature Sanctuary. Slap mah fro!"

Or maybe Concord?

Th' Code Office assists th' public through th' process an' is responsible fo' th' administrashun of Zonin', Buildin', Housin', Licensin' an' Health regulashuns. Th' divishun also coredinates appeals t'th' Zonin' Board of Adjestment an' th' Buildin' Board of Appeals.

Struckural (Buildin') staff reviews plans, inspecks cornstruckshun projecks an' issues occupancy permits. Th' office also issues subcontracko'’s permits sech as eleckrical, plumbin', heatin', demolishun, an' fire plan review permits. Sign permits is also issued, cuss it all t' tarnation.

Health Services staff inspecks an' licenses restaurants an' grocery sto'es, taxicabs an' operato's, recyclin' centers, peddlers, pareedes an' special events. Th' office also administers th' Housin' Code t'ensure minimum stan'ards is met.

Zonin' staff process applicashuns fo' variances, special 'ceptions, equitable waivahs an' administrative appeals. Ajundas is set an' legal notices is provided t'abutters an' th' public.

Code Administrashun
37 Green Street Conco'd, NH 03301 (Direckshuns)
Phone: 603-225-8580 Fax: 603-225-8586
Email: code@ci.conco'd, cuss it all t' tarnation.nh.us
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM Monday - Friday
© 2003 City of Conco'd, NH. All rights resarved, cuss it all t' tarnation.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Two of my favorites:

The Band Name Generator at http://www.elsewhere.org/cgi-bin/bandname . I ran it a few times, and got ...

Order Of The Rich Bumblebee
fellowcandle
lakebox
The Insane Land Routine
snoutpeace
Pool of Heads
templecow
The Purity Experience
Three Puppies and a Grrrl
duckflower
The Negative Milk Routine
The Mouse Gang
Box of Hamsters
The Liquid Duck Squad
The Sound Policy
Two Noises With Creeks
Shaved Head
deathusher
Britney LaZonga and the Honolulu Police
The Fresh Lady Addiction
Black Oyster
boxpuddle
The Time Conflagration
Sack of Devils
The Aryan Creek Policy
Handful of Consultants
Dudley Tarantino and the Fabulous Bone Scheme
Swollen Bumblebees
Six Frogs With Flags
Order Of The Frantic Cat
Buck Nugent and the Murder City Plain Dealers
puddlenoise
The Tree Quintet
Sylvester Stallone and the Tokyo Cowboys

From the same site, there's the Postmodern Essay Generator at http://www.elsewhere.org/cgi-bin/postmodern/ . It seemed wildly appropriate a week ago, when I had a date with a woman who is a college professor in postmodern philosophy.

Modernism and capitalist neodialectic theory
T. Paul la Tournier
Department of Politics, Cambridge University
1. Realities of absurdity
"Class is unattainable," says Lyotard; however, according to Hamburger[1] , it is not so much class that is unattainable, but rather the defining characteristic, and hence the stasis, of class. Many appropriations concerning cultural narrative may be revealed.

Therefore, in Sex, Madonna affirms capitalist neodialectic theory; in Erotica, although, she denies postmaterialist feminism. Any number of modernisms concerning the bridge between language and society exist.

In a sense, Hanfkopf[2] suggests that the works of Madonna are postmodern. Sontag suggests the use of predeconstructivist objectivism to attack outdated perceptions of narrativity. But a number of theories concerning postmaterialist feminism may be discovered. If modernism holds, we have to choose between capitalist neodialectic theory and the capitalist paradigm of narrative.

(continues on for several more paragraphs)

Believe it or not, I had to take a class in future studies and postmodern philosophy in grad school, as a prerequisite for my MUP. (!) The essays we read were exactly like this. I found that if I mentioned The Simpsons, Laurie Anderson, and Divine in an essay, I had a pretty good shot at getting an A.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Useful websites!

The dilect website finally allowed me to read my homeown South Carolina newspaper in my native tounge. T'aint dat sum'n spashul!

Now that I've used the bandname generator I have an excuse to start a band. The two names I got were:

JAKE STARDUST AND THE MESSIEST FRUITLOOP HEADQUARTERS

FISTFULL OF BREEDERS

I'm partial to the second name, but whichever my band uses we're sure to be huge in Japan.

These are classic names: ;)

The Unseemly Mice
Fresh Wookiees
Messiest Milk
The Holistic Grrrl Session
Three Dudes and Their Whiskey

Here's another useless/useful website.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Band Names

This one definitely has potential:

Quentin Badabing and the Fabulous Boingers

Habanero

Cyburbian
Six Lakes With Puddles
Linda Stallone and the Leather Dog Quintet
Jason Manlove and the San Francisco Regulars
Amazing Poodle
The Lake Session
The Midnight Death Market
puppymouse
Buckaroo Turgidson and the Queer Accountants
Three Grrrls and a Dude

Oh, hell, how can I choose just one?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Here are a few suggestions...

Rasta Ganja (for Mike D.)
The Shaved Breeder Conflagration (for Mastiff)
Three Thick Ladies (for bturk)
The Large Gun Brotherhood (for El Guapo)
Wall of Womyn (for Dan)
The Feisty Chains (for Plannergirl)
Buckaroo Manlove and the Amazing Daleks (for the fags. sorry, fags.)

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
TexasPlanner said:
Awesome- I got "Make No Wee Plans"

hee
My favorite part was:

Welcome t'th' Cyburbia Fo'ums.
Eff'n this hyar is yer fust visit, be sho'nuff t'check out th' FAQ by clickin' th' link above. Yo' may hafta register befo'e yo' kin post: click th' register link above t'proceed, cuss it all t' tarnation. To start viewin' messages, seleck th' fo'um thet yer hankerin' t'viset fum th' seleckshun below.