• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

This weekend

Jeff

Cyburbian
This Weekend

So what are everyone's plans this weekend? Anything exciting going on. The summer is quickly coming to an end, and I just realized that I haven't even been fishing yet this year (except for opening day of trout). I have to schedule a tuna trip soon, now there is some fishing. As for me, I'll be riding my bike in the 95 degree heat tomorrow with my road racing team for about 90 miles, then have a mountain bike race on Sunday. Probably take in XXX at some point in between. Vin Diesel is cool ;) Have a great weekend all.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
wash car *read rain dance*
wash dogs
pool party with new man
hang out with friends and pack for Fla

BKM

Cyburbian
Weekends

I just bought a new Road Bicycle (A Specialized Festina Team Bike-Full Campy Record 10-Speed, Custom Wheels, etc. etc.) I am so stoked! It rides like a dream! Its my midlife crisis present, and it cost a hell of a lot less than a Porsche (or a trophy wife :) ). Maybe I can start wearing off the damn 40 lbs I've let myself accumulate. :(

That's what I am doing this weekend. The weather should be perfect-except for a few spells, we've had a mellower than usual August in the Sacramento Valley of Hell.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
*Oil change, prep the SUV for next weekend's ROAD TRIP! to Cleveland.
*Wash said SUV for the first time since March 2001.
*Attempt to install XM satellite radio in said SUV.
*Practice bowling before leagues start on Sept. 6th.
*Shoot some pool and consume mass quantities of fermented malt beverages.

Re: This Weekend

Mike DeVuono said:
Vin Diesel is cool ;) .
Vin Diesel is a hot something!!!! WHEW!!! MUY CALIENTE!!!!!! YOWZA!!! YOWZA !!! :D:D:D:D

I have nothing planned this weekend, except for some general housekeeping. I'm hitting the road next weekend for Labor Day and would like to come home to a clean place.

BKM

Cyburbian
Sorta. I have always liked fast, semi-sporty cars. It wasn't very expensive, and its a wagon (for hauling bikes and dogs) so it doesn't count. :)

Now, if I win the California Lottery ($115 million and counting), the resulting Maserati Spyder would count :)

Tom R

Cyburbian
weekend

I've got "the kid" this weekend so we'll probably go to my sister's cottage in w. PA. and will definately do some fishing. I think I'm the only one this summer that hasn't caught a Northern.

I did get a new toy (5 string banjo) that I might tinker with.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Going camping in Maine, and to my wife's family reunion. Get to get my daughter back too....she's been with "Grammy" all week...and I miss her!

donk

Cyburbian
Neat to see that some others ride and race bikes.

Tonight, 40- 50 mile road ride. The weather is awesome here right now, sunny and cool.
Tomorrow. Travel to mountain bike race site and help organizer do final race prep.
Sunday, Race if the weather is good, Officiate if it is bad.

My bikes

Road - 1996 Trek 2300 - carbon and aluminum, 105 components 15 000km - it is really just an appliance.

MTB - 1999 Dekerf Team SL - Mostly XTR and old Syncros (before they sold out) (about 7000 km)

Beater - Custom 1988 Brodie Climbmax - A museum piece of CNC bits and pieces about (10 000 km)

The next bike is either going to be a racing dually (Kona King Kikapu or Dekerf Phenom) a Track bike (Marinoni) or a high zoot road bike (marinoni, guru or cervelo)

Tom R

Cyburbian
weekend

NHPlanner said:
Going camping in Maine, and to my wife's family reunion. Get to get my daughter back too....she's been with "Grammy" all week...and I miss her!
Whereabouts in Maine?

Habanero

Cyburbian
Hmm

I'm going to try and lay low.. maybe try out the new yoga class at the gym or do a pre-dawn hike on South Mountain and watch the sun come up..

Jeff

Cyburbian
Re: Weekends

BKM said:
I just bought a new Road Bicycle (A Specialized Festina Team Bike-Full Campy Record 10-Speed, Custom Wheels, etc. etc.)
That's a nice midlife crisis present. I'd love to have the Campy stuff but have to sacrifice with Ultegra so I can replace the frame I'm riding this winter with a 2003 Colnago C-40 (dream come true bike).

Right now I ride a Specialized Allez (compact) w/ Ultegra gruppo, Mavic Ksyrium Wheels, Look PP206 Pedals, and Michelin Tires (exclusively - they sponsor the team ;) )

Mountain Bike is a Specialized RockHopper Comp FSR w/ XTR components, Avid Discs, Mavic wheels (stock w/ bike), Judy Fork (soon to be replaced).

I'll be racing this weekend without a granny gear or the one up, I can't get the derailleur tuned right and refuse to touch it anymore. I rode the course yesterday and was kinda OK without them. We'll see how it goes. I'm not to fond of MTB racing anyway, too slow.

BKM

Cyburbian
My old bike is an Allez. A mix of Campi Record and (mostly) Chorus. When I bought it, the exchange rates were such that Campi wasn't much more than Shimano. Its been pretty much flawless, and I am rather lazy about maintenance :(

Good bike, but it was feeling tired. I am so out of shape and have gained way too much weight. I have just not been into riding this year. I hope that the new bike inspires me.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Pull weeds, and seed the back yard.
Wash and vacuum the car.
Catch up on e-mail.
Mow the lawn.
Dog park.
Organize the hard drive.
Sleep.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Re: weekend

Tom R said:

Whereabouts in Maine?
Peru. Western Maine, about 3/4 the way up the border with NH. 30 minutes from Sunday River.

Tom R

Cyburbian
maine

I lived for 5 years in Caribou, way up north. Beautiful area.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Some of you are much more industrious than I am during the weekends. Case in point: this weekend I slept until 11:00 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday. On Friday I had my RDO/flex day, so I drove down to the Calgary Zoo. It was pretty fun... but the zoo is fairly small compared to what I grew up with (L.A./San Diego)... Hmmmm... Not that I grew up *in* a zoo, but you guys know what I mean.

In any case... I hope you all had a good weekend. :)

Tom R

Cyburbian
fish

I didn't catch my Northern or anything else of note, but you know what they say about a bad day fishing....

Jeff

Cyburbian
My plans didn't exactly work out either, it poured on Saturday so I never got on my bike and then got smoked in my mountain bike race on Sunday, placed 15th.

Spent all night Saturday cleaning the water that out of my garage after it flooded during the storm.

BKM

Cyburbian
I took my new bike out east of Napa City (one thing we don't have to worry about during the summer is rain :) ). It was great! I had a lot of fun climbing some of the rollers and small hills . Maybe by this time next year, I'll be ready for some centuries again.

Not a racer, but I do like long serious recreational rides.

GeekyBoy

Cyburbian
Saturday - Went to the "Hot and Spicy" foodfest at the waterfront - spent quite a few hours there, eating and gawking at the new condo towers.

Sunday - Laundry, cleaning, reading, tea/dinner with relatives.

*yawn*

GB

JNL

Cyburbian
Friday - caught up with friend from primary school for dinner at pub, then played some pool (with friends laughing at my efforts). Had a few vodka/lime/lemonades.

Saturday - woke up at 10, got ex b/f round to fix computer ;-) , accompanied friend who was filming some city highlights to send overseas (but we got rained off), did some shopping, saw a really bad movie (24 Hour Party People), then watched the Patriot on TV which was much better, had several more vodka/lime/lemonades, crashed out by midnight!

Sunday - cleaned bathroom, read book, went for big walk along waterfront walkway, no vodka.

jmf

Cyburbian
Weekend

Thursday - left in afternoon for Woodstock, ON got as far as Riviere du Loup, PQ
Friday - through to Toronto for dinner and Woodstock after
Saturday - morning in Stratford; afternoon and evening at wedding (not tranplanners)
Sunday - left Woodstock; dinner in Kanata/Ottawa; overnight in Drummondville
Monday - Drummondville to home

only about 4000km of driving - won't do that again for a while!

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
YIPES!

i HATE to drive *thanks god for the metro yet again*

im already bitching about driving from Orlando to Naples and back this coming weekend-not to mention getting up at 4:30 AM on fri to go to BWI to catch my flight

grrrrrr

nerudite

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
YIPES!

i HATE to drive *thanks god for the metro yet again*

im already bitching about driving from Orlando to Naples and back this coming weekend-not to mention getting up at 4:30 AM on fri to go to BWI to catch my flight

grrrrrr
I *love* to drive... I could get in my car and just drive all weekend. In fact... I'm thinking about doing that in a few weeks from now. I'm getting tired of the prairie, so I may do a little weekend jaunt through BC. :)

Not a typical weekend, since I was in Cali visiting the little brother:

Friday - Up very early to drive from LA to San Diego to go to the zoo
Saturday - went to the Oceanside Beach, made sandcastles with my cousin's 2 1/2 year old and played in the waves, watched a surfing competition
Sunday - took train back to LA, went to a salsa concert at the Ford Amphitheater, but ended up playing gin rummy with the kiosk staff in the plaza outside.
Monday - flew from LA to Buffalo. I hate how the trip back to NY from LA is an all day affair.