• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Those 70's Defective Shows

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Remember that show "The_Kallikaks"? No? I guess it's hardly surprising considering it got cancelled after only five episodes. Talk about a defective show! I actually watched an episode when it aired and thought it was pretty awful - this when I was in junior high!

Remember the Show "Working Stiffs"? Here was another sitcom show that got the plug pulled on it after only four broadcasts back in 1979. Something I didn't know about this wildly unsuccessful show was that the two leads were played by young Michael Keaton and James Belushi.

How about you, do you recall seeing any spectacularly bad tv shows from that general era?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I remember my Dad used to really like a show called Hot L Baltimore. I got to watch this, despite the parental notice. It lasted for about 10 or 12 episodes before it was cancelled.

I'll admit that I liked BJ and the Bear.

Holmes and Yoyo. I kind of liked this too.

One for the NUMTOTs -- Supertrain! You know who else proposed a"supertrain?"

She's on her bike, looking for a manager. :D

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
The Love Boat-there I said it. Let the negative comments flow forth.
I actually saw an old episode not long ago. Suffice it to say this is not a show that's aged particularly well. Despite the subject matter and being in color, it had an almost 1950's tv show feel to it. Yes, it was rather lame to begin with.

Another show that failed miserably that comes to mind was "Pink Lady & Jeff." Ran for five weeks back in 1980 and was promptly cancelled. Variety shows were already in decline by this time and the networks had to know it. This show probably represents the nail that sealed the genre's coffin shut. I actually remember seeing an episode and it was excruciatingly BAD!