• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Threads

Perry Norton

Cyburbian Emeritus
Hi Jen

I don't know much about tax reform. As soon as I start thinking about the whole subject my head gets dizzy - there are so many related topics requiring diligent research. For awhile I was enamoured with the device of withholding taxes on farm land and then acquiring the land when the owners didn't want to farm it.

Jen

Cyburbian
Ha - me too, the whole notion of tax reform makes my head dizzy too.

This has been a topic that I only recently have read tidbits on here and there, mostly as a result of my Economic Development class. In that it makes good economic sense for a commercial entity to pursue tax relief in order to remain competitive. Tax relief at who's expense? Some one is picking up that dime, and for others, taxes are to be avoided by allowing a place to get shabby.

Guess I'll stop there.
Jen :)