Three Things Thursday

Three posts started this thread:

Ten Things Thursday. Not as heavily posted on as other weekday themed threads as it requires twice the time/effort posting on than, say, Tuesday or Friday..
Ten is too much in this Twitter world of ours. Change it to Three Things Thursday and watch it take off.
OMG.

(Can we start a Three Things Thursday? It's alliterative and I struggle to come up with five. Ten.. Not Happening.)

Jinx/great minds think alike.
So post your three things here going forward.

But only on Thursday.

1. Thrilled to see that there was a thread started just cuz I asked.

2. I don't really ever quite fit anywhere. I joined Cyburbia as a student and returned while trying to get involved locally. I applied for a planner-ish job, but didn't get it.

3. Always a citizen planner, never a professional planner. (A la always a bridesmaid, never a bride.)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I always thought three things Thursday was a better thread if for no other reason than the alliteration factor
2. I had a kidney stone last week. ouch.
3. I did not have an English muffin this morning. I did the last two mornings, though.

1. I have a 9/80 work schedule which means I get every other Friday off. Tomorrow is that Friday :D
2. My tile guy is supposed to (finally) finish my shower tomorrow.
3. Still SO MUCH unpacking to do!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
  1. I hate sign code enforcement.
  2. I hate sign code amendments.
  3. I hate sign code variances.

Last edited:

Planit

Cyburbian
1. There's no such thing as a good sign ordinance.
2. I got an email from a citizen asking the Planning Dept. to enforce the speed limit on their road.
3. Interesting budget season for the town next door which makes ours look calm.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
1. There's no such thing as a good sign ordinance.
So...our law director thinks codes/regulations can be perfected and never have to be amended...ever.

That's fun to get to work with. :D

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I did not go to Zingerman's Deli yesterday
2. I did get some Metzger's German Restaurant take out, though
3. It's supposed to rain hard today.

kjel

Super Moderator
1. I should finish two ERRs today, but I will probably only finish one.
2. I am RJing tomorrow....to go to RJ land.
3. I'm hungry, the yogurt wasn't enough this morning.

1) It is going to be over 90 and humid this weekend and we will be at an outdoor block party all day Saturday.
2) I ordered a bunch of plants that I am going to pot for summer storage/growing and then plant this fall. I don't want to plant them now because of pending deck construction delivery and I want to give them a heck of a head start.
3) Wife is on call all weekend and does not want to make any mother's day plans because of it.

kms

Cyburbian
1. Our office has a "hip" address, but the hip lunch places and business district are too far to walk for lunch.
2. A wild turkey flew against my car, breaking my mirror and her neck. I'm thankful she didn't go through the windshield, and I'm thankful she fell to the side of the road so I didn't have to remove any parts of her from my car.
3. I'm off tomorrow, and sorely in need of a day off.

1. We're getting about $51,000 more in CDBG this year than anticipated. That's a lot for us and equates to approximately 14% more.
2. I got randomly drug tested this week for the first time since I've been here. I'm confident in a passing grade :D
3. I worry about competition or lack thereof but man, Amazon is pretty freaking awesome at times.

kjel

Super Moderator
1. HUD annual action plans suck.
2. Boss left at 2pm and won't be back til Tuesday.
3. We get to leave at 3pm tomorrow.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. This has been a week of Mondays
2. We are staying local for the long weekend but plans include a birthday party, a graduation, and a family gathering
3. Why can't Finance play nice?

1. Off tomorrow and going to play on the Bay for the long weekend.
2. I'd like to buy a new (or at least new to me) vehicle but I think I'm going to try and wait about 18 months.
3. Wish I didn't have a night meeting this evening so I could get a head start on my 4-day weekend.