Three Things Thursday

1. The power company is "trimming" the trees along the back fence of our yard. We told them go ahead and take the hackberry tree all the way down if they wanted; our arborist said it wasn't long for this world anyway.
2. My neighborhood bar is run by Croatians and has a food trailer out front. I'm becoming addicted to ćevapi.
3. Today is my Friday.

1) My day today is toast.
2) Wife asked what I wanted to do for Father's Day. I think we might go to the beach early on Saturday morning, might mow the lawn... otherwise I have zero idea.
3) Well, I am doing at least 1 Tough Mudder in 2019. Signed up for it last night and we might also do one in WI in 2019.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
  • Boards and Commission this evening
  • It's amazing how my otherwise outdoors-averse son will spend all day outdoors at the miniature railroad camp (not really...as this is an activity he has really wants to do).
  • [edit]I got a 1961-d dime in my change this morning at the convenience store. Yay![/edit]

Last edited:

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Mrs. P said she was buying me (us) a grill for Father's Day. Our present one is 20 years old and has some issues. I can not get parts to fix it. She has laid out 3 choices for purchase.
2. My brother's family is a soap opera and has been for many years. Looks like a season-ending cliff hanger is underway.
3. Get to mow the clover this evening. I couldn't get to it last weekend, but I won't have to do it this weekend.

1.) White Sox are showing a pulse lately. 2 out of 3 from 2 first place teams.
2.) I don't like Golf Cart/UTV Ordinances
3.) I cut 4 minutes off my mile swim time yesterday.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. this has been a tolerable week at work after returning from a week's vacation
2. Yeah, I still have no notion what's going on in the FIFA World Cup action
3. I drank no beer yesterday

1. I became a great uncle yesterday; my wife's niece had her first child yesterday, a boy.
2. Great uncles are old.
3. Therefore, I am old.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Being an uncle isn't such a bad gig
2. It's flooring to speculate how humans first thought to make coffee....not the first time, but the second time - you know, after they'd already tasted it
3. I agree with Jim Gaffigan, seafood is yucky.

1. The wife is at a training class in Austin this week and next which makes me a bachelor for two weeks.
2. She left me enough honey-do's that being a bachelor for two weeks isn't that glamorous.
3. We've had rain (brief showers) this week, a rarity for this time of year.

1) Still looking for a job, and wishing municipalities would get back to applicants in a timely manner

2) Filling the mornings by watching Le Tour.

3) Signed the Seller's portion of the closing documents for our house yesterday. Hopefully the Buyers sign and fund today!

1. Day three of posting selfies on some blog. Days one and two were hideous troll faces, oh god. But, happily, I don't utterly hate today's pics.
2. Having a Good Hair Day. That helps on the pic front.
3. I shall finish this client work and let them know they can have it just as soon as I get paid. I refuse to chase my pay. You pay me up front or you don't get the work. (I have read that freelancers chase their pay about 40 percent of the time.)

1. im running on 5 hours of sleep/2 energy drinks.....eek! :/
2. My crush is talking to me on ig :)
3. I am imagining Michelle Zone living in Portland as a bohemian and driving a 1989 Volvo 245 wagon.

1. Hit my goal for the week yesterday afternoon. Happy dance.

2. Looking forward to September.

3. I'm having a good week, in spite of plumbing drama in the building and yadda. <:D:awesome::balloon::brofist::trophy:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I've concluded I prefer angel hair pasta to plain ol' spaghetti noodles
2. Only two cans of Yuengling left.
3. online applications for planning/zoning stuff is a PIA. How are we supposed to be 'gatekeepers' when any Tom Dick or Harry can file a variance application online and never consult any staff about whether it's necessary or even adviseable?

Gedunker

Moderating
1. I woke up with work on my mind at 4:40 AM. There was no going back to sleep after that. I hate when that happens.
B. I have two things to share today with the boss man that he likely won't enjoy. I hate when that happens.
III. Of course, the fat cat puked up her whole "gravy lovers" breakfast on my bedroom carpet before work this morning. I especially hate when that happens.:m:

DVD

Cyburbian
1. What part of "not an operating system" do you not understand.
2. I believe all the crazies are coming in just because I'm leaving.
3. Anyone want to buy a house? It's the last big thing left before the move.

1. Still have the fans and dehumidifiers drying out the house after the water main break on Saturday.
2. No hurricane, but it looks like a wet weekend coming.
3. Oh no, you're one of THEM!