• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Three Things Thursday

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
My Netflix account knows me better than anyone which is pathetic
I am OCD about making my kids follow a recipe when they are baking
I am feeling incredibly sad about a lost person in the Park - search teams were everywhere when I was hiking today

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Mrs. P starts new job today
2. Construction crew replacing pipe they crushed
3. It's gonna rain tomorrow

Doohickie

Cyburbian
1. Baseball sized hail predicted for yesterday thankfully never materialized.
2. We did get half the garage cleaned out to get my wife's car in there just in case.
3. The Texas Rangers are fun this year.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. I just don't think I can get into baseball this year. Can't engage in a commitment of that magnitude.
2. I don't really understand how a Bessemer converter works. I could google it, but if/when the grid goes down don't ask or expect me to recreate your steel industry.
3. My son's best friend's father committed suicide.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
1. I just don't think I can get into baseball this year. Can't engage in a commitment of that magnitude.
2. I don't really understand how a Bessemer converter works. I could google it, but if/when the grid goes down don't ask or expect me to recreate your steel industry.
3. My son's best friend's father committed suicide.
Sorry to hear about #3. That is rough. How is your son handling it?

1. Itty Bitty and 2 friends threw up at school today after spinning on a cocoon swing.
2. I wish those house organizing shows were still on HGTV and would come to my house and help me sell all our useless stuff.
3. Clifford the puppy is quite cute.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
1. We've gotten our money from this event.

2. We've contracted with a roofing company to repair the damage.

3. My son gets married next week.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Wow, Doohickie - things sure are busy on your side of the metroplex!

Congrats on growing the family!

Glad you got the roof issue resolved.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
1. We did the Ride of Silence last night, a ride to honor/remember cyclists who were injured/killed in collisions with cars.
2. Semi-related, a friend who videos all his rides recorded a car going the wrong way on a one way street after the ride. The car continued into a busy intersection and collided with another car.
3. Tomorrow I become a father-in-law.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) New gig is going great, but it is really difficult to change the previous culture and I think that some people are going to get off the train because they don't agree with the the new direction.
2) Our neighborhood pool opens tomorrow.... it will be 90 on Saturday... beer is cold.... can you guess my future?
3) The total bill for our dog to get fixed is almost $400.... that was a bit more than we expected it to be.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Crazy busy week last week, busy early this week, and then nothing today. Strange.

2) Weather's great - dog is loving the extra walks.

3) Lots of plans this weekend, and most of them are on the day with storms in the forecast. Boo.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
1) Work is stressful these days. Some good and some bad. A lot of transition as my work moves from one division to another (I'm not moving, they're just reassigning a bunch of us to the division we're actually supporting instead of the one that produces our product, if that makes sense).
2) The new roof looks wunnerful. The inspector from the roofing contractor is coming over tomorrow for a final signoff.

3) I also have a plumber coming over to fix the plugged AC drain, hopefully before we all get Legionnaire's Disease. (I'd fix it myself but I don't do crawlspaces... too claustrophobic).

Last edited:

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) Why do some younger people have an entitlement mentality and become very emotional when they don’t receive what they truly believe is theirs?
2) I am so ready to unplug the internet, TV, and video games at my house.
3) This week has been car repair week. I needed two new tires and another repairs, wife's car needed a new battery on Tuesday, and is going in tomorrow to get the AC repaired.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. Hey, it's Thursday. How about that, DVD?
2. Looks like I get a short break in a super busy work schedule
3. I watched a youtube video of Witchiepoo last week.

Last edited:

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Received my first Stitch Fix box today. The stylist did a pretty good job - only 1 style dud in the box, and one size dud.

2) Parentals are having marital issues. I really don't want to be involved.

3) Men are weird. I swear Hubby has been taken over by an alien. Maybe it's a men's version of PMS?

Maister

Chairman of the bored
1. Insanely busy morning; the afternoon is only slightly less so.
2. Junior's last day of school was today. It was a half day so in honor of this fact, I bought a Little Caesars pizza for his lunch
3. I gotta get back to the gym soon.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
1. Itty Bitty is officially done with preschool.
2. Our day of hiking and picnicking was a wash out.
3. I have been saying this for 15 years but I really need to get us on a budget.