• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Three Things Thursday

Doohickie

Cyburbian
1) I've been working a little home improvement project. I might finish this weekend or possibly next. (Pictures to come.)
2) Here comes the rain.
3) With it comes autumn.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
1) I finished my easement cost calculations for a sewer line project
2) I am determined to transition from warm weather to cold weather exercising successfully. Started going to indoor track 15 minutes away. Biking it ain't, but its something.
3) After the divorce I wondered how I would ever adjust to life without the family and being alone a lot more. Now, 6 years later, I have a hard time imagining cohabitating again. The kids still come over, but 2 are in college and only stay with me on holidays and a few other times. Life sure can change.

kms

Cyburbian
2) I am determined to transition from warm weather to cold weather exercising successfully. Started going to indoor track 15 minutes away. Biking it ain't, but its something.
3) After the divorce I wondered how I would ever adjust to life without the family and being alone a lot more. Now, 6 years later, I have a hard time imagining cohabitating again. The kids still come over, but 2 are in college and only stay with me on holidays and a few other times. Life sure can change.
I can’t imagine living with another adult. I enjoy the kids’ visits, but don’t want to share my space with anyone else.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member

You pay for easements? Here the Mayor starts talking about special assessments and the owners just give them to us. :cool:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I'm off on another plane today
2. I probably go through a packet of sticky notes every six to eight weeks. That's a lot.
3. Took my doggie on a nice long walk when I got home from work last night. She really appreciated it.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Off to a big meeting, then lunch out with others to plan the coup change of procedure needed to get this place to function

2) Hubby has Happy Hour tonight, so dinner on my own!

3) I'm I have all my stocking stuffers purchased, but need to get going on gifts.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) I am feeling like I want to listen to Christmas music today.
2) I did not sleep much last night because I have not been feeling all that well
3) I have a bunch of organizational stuff that I should get done this week.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
1. Warm cat in my lap is making the rest of me cold.
2. Dog is squeaking his toy hermit crab.
3. Got home from work at 3:00. In my jammies by 3:05.

kms

Cyburbian
1. My town’s light up night and Christmas parade are tonight. I generally RJ on this day so that I can get into town and home before Main St. closes.
2. I dropped a bagel, cheese side down, onto the new conference room carpeting. Shhhhh
3. I had lunch with my cousin today.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. There's more than a little anxiety lingering in the office this morning
2. I'm going to see Jersey Boys tonight
3. I used to feel strongly compelled to jump into discussions among coworkers about interpretations/application of ordinances. That impulse to interject my opinion is not so strong anymore.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Wet weather again today. Dog would not get off porch, so she's going to have her legs crossed by the time Hubby gets home for lunch.

2) Two meetings today, otherwise head down getting some small, boring tasks done. I wish I could have stayed home today instead.

3) 3 day weekend coming up. Doing some dog-related volunteer work and resting. I've been a bit anxious lately so I need to chill.

Doohickie

Cyburbian
1) Wet weather again today. In fact, torrential downpour during the commute.
2) I have Fridays off beginning this year, which is nice.
3) Going to watch my Buffalo Sabres take on the Stars in Dallas tonight. Go Sabres!

kms

Cyburbian
1. Today is my office Monday, thanks to being in the field all week.
2. I didn’t fall today, like I did on the real Monday.
3. I didn’t have to walk around cow patties, which happened on Tuesday.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Got a couple inches of snow last night.
2. Junior tried to walk out the door this morning wearing just a windbreaker - it was 20 out with a windchill in the single digits
3. What is it about teenagers being 'cool' by not wearing coats when it's cold out? Seems to be a universal thing spanning generations.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. Rain & rain, followed by rain today
2. Drama in downtown going on
3. My mind is somewhere else this morning

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
How many Thursdays does one week need?
Seriously, I thought it was Thursday on Tuesday, then again yesterday.
Today? Enough already!

kms

Cyburbian
If my kids didn’t want to wear the right coat for the weather, I let them. Sometimes there’s only one way to learn.

I just had to gently blast my coworkers about putting extraneous things in public files. They’ve even put in emails describing medical conditions.

I’m in the middle of sorting through one of those files.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) In the middle of Week 2 of a 3 week period of being slammed. I'm tired.

2) Top it off with Hubby traveling this week, and I'm really not on schedule.

3) Next week will be MEETINGS followed by meetings followed by Friday out of the office at a networking event (which I refused to man a table but will attend sessions). They wanted $$$ for a table.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
1. Already got my federal income tax refund back. I highly recommend Credit Karma. Never any issues, free, accurate and free audit defense if necessary.
2. It's just really a good feeling to come to a job everyday that you enjoy doing.
3. I just finished off my big container of cashews. It only took 8 work days. I'm kind of embarrassed. :oops: But they're so freaking good!

Last edited:
Reactions: kms

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
3. I just finished off my big container of cashews. It only took 8 works days. I'm kind of embarrassed. :oops: But they're so freaking good!
Better for you than a big container of sour patch kids.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Already booked a room at our favorite 19th century inn in Marshall this weekend.
2. Dark Horse Brewery, here I come.
3. Folks wore a lot more clothes a 100 years ago because heating systems weren't that great back then.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Worked from home yesterday. Today feels like a second Monday.

2) Had a fight with Hubby last night. I'm still mad this morning.

3) Can't decide on weekend plans. Should probably see family, but being a hermit sounds good too.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a cold and my brain is foggy.
HUD will be here for a monitoring visit on Monday.
I need a nap.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
1) I have been pushing off my target run all week.
2) I now have a fairly decent list of stuff I need to pick up tonight.
3) It's a slow day; too bad I can't just run out now and get my errands done. (I'm tempted.)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I'd like to take the rest of today off.
2. Mrs. Maister is home sick
3. I need to figure out what to make for dinner tonight. I'm cooking.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
1. Bottled water hard to come by
2. Toilet paper hard to come by
3. Damn you, coronavirus!

Encore
1. WTF does a run on these items have to do with the coronavirus?

kms

Cyburbian
There’s no toilet paper at Target, so I’m calling in toilet paper from my son’s apartment at school. He’ll be home for a few weeks now.

I can just about play When Irish Eyes Are Smiling on harmonica.

I wrote an Alice’s Restaurant inspection report today. It took 7.5 hours to write. Some poor guy will probably lose his job over it.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. There are a select handful of items we're low on, but I'm a closet prepper and quite honestly we could probably weather the next 6 weeks if we had to without having to go to the store
2. The TP thing, though, is a problem
3. Hi, my name is Maister. Lemme shake your hand.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
1) Not having assorted members of the public just drop in is a silver lining to city hall being closed
2) Senior dining gave me a bunch of eggs and potatoes because they might have gone bad. Most of it went to elderly in the fixed income housing.
3) I had more luck on online dating since this began than before, and have a Skype date this weekend.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Was told we are doing work from home for 2 weeks, TBD on after that. Tomorrow will be the end of week 1. My dog is confused.

2) Two department meetings in April converted to conference calls. This is after the 2 weeks. So I am predicting an extension of the 2 weeks.

3) Must go to the office tomorrow for more work (paper files) and some printing. Will stop by the store for perishables on way home.