Three Things Thursday

1. I actually had a wonderfully productive day yesterday, including like paid work and everything.
2. I used to be able to count to ten in Russian. (I probably still can.)
3. Sadly, unlike my father, I was never good at monetizing such trivia by using it to place bets as a party trick. Dad went to better parties than me. (Not hard, that.)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Some of Weird Al Yankovic's parodies are better than the originals
2. Who has ever heard of a kid WANTING to get braces?
3. I'm going to try to do something very difficult and avoid reading, watching or listening to the news for the next four days

1. Don't be ridiculous, Maister. MOST of Weird Al Yankovic's parodies are better than the originals
2. I so fucking hate auto-corrupt, while being unwilling to turn it off cuz REASONS
3. I have an invite to a thing. It's almost like I have a life.

kms

Cyburbian
1. It’s virtual Friday for me; Monday’s a holiday and I’ve been working out of the office the past two days.
2. Early fall feels like summer and that’s ok with me.
3. I’m working hard at not buying lunch from restaurants during the week.

Planit

Cyburbian
Since I arrived at work this morning & it's 10:30

1. The utility trailer for the work crew fixing our water tank was stolen last night - ACM & I had to be on site with police.
2. Engineer on sewer replacement on big downtown project screwed up plans - PWD & I had a heart-to-heart with them.
3. Electric superintendent dropped ball on lighting recommendations for new amphitheatre & is gone for 2 weeks - PWD & I had exchange of words

This was all unplanned or scheduled.
Good morning!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I'm having a very hard time focusing this entire week
2. Got the annual employee health screening/evaluation tomorrow; not looking forward to that
3. Good news is that today is payday

kjel

Super Moderator
1. I think the office Keurig is on it's way out, I almost didn't have a cup of coffee this morning.
2. No coffee is not a good look for me.
3. I think it's going to rain the next couple of days.

1. After a week without air conditioning, my home warranty finally approved the repair and the contractor is putting in the new compressor.
2. I have a business trip to DC (Crystal City) next week. I'm not into travel lately.
3. The AC seems to be working nicely, but only when they bypass the pressure switches.

1. People on the interwebs are bitching about climate change and bellyaching about how we are all doom-ed.
2. I can't be arsed to be all that sympathetic. Among other things, I have lived without a car for more than a decade. :h:
3. But, no, it is not socially acceptable to say "The future is now" and "Here is what YOU, yes YOU, can do starting today." They would rather wring their hands and act like their personal choices are too insignificant to matter. :r:

kms

Cyburbian
1. I’m in a cozy waiting room and someone put on a pot of coffee. The aroma of coffee and the odor of skunk smell very much alike to me.

2. I sat in a Panera writing reports yesterday and a grizzled man asked if I was Lori. Men have approached me in Panera stores before and asked me if was “woman’s name”. Had I been Lori, I’d have lied.

3. My mom was one of the first moms I knew who wore jeans around the house. Up until then, she wore dusters around the house.

1. Stuff is happening in my life.

2. I so want to talk about Stuff.

3. Sadly, my life is too bizarre to ever know how to talk about Stuff without it going weird places. So that's basically a no go, :-x

1) Last night was a late night
2) Tonight is going to be late night, but not as late as last night.
3) Broke down a pallet to do a project only to discover that part of it is super nice black walnut. (Happy Dance!)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Mrs. Maister will be out of town this weekend
2. For some reason Junior seems ecstatic about this. I don't know what he thinks is going to happen
3. I need to get the leaves raked up in the back yard.

1) Rather be covered in sawdust than at my desk right now.
2) Had a call from an citizen who was livid that the Town has not demanded that all the election signs be removed. I had to explain that State Law gives people 10 days to get their signs. He called me a liar. :not:
3) Been having disciplinary issues with our oldest lately.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. It's snowed an inch or so every day this week.
2. They're installing windows at work right now.
3. Great timing on that window work

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. There's a half foot of snow on the ground but I understand it will disappear this weekend
2. Guess I should finish up with the outdoor decorations on Saturday before the next wave of winter hits
3. I don't find chestnuts roasting on an open fire to be all that.

1. Being off the first two days of the week has messed up my days.
2. Basically, it doesn't feel like a Thursday.
3. This weekend is going to be super busy as well.

kms

Cyburbian
1. It looks like the snow here is melted. At least it has downtown.
2. So far today, all the preapplication meetings have the same theme. You can't get out of getting a permit by developing less than 1 acre at a time.
3. I did a favor for a contractor, who then used it against me when he asked for "a yard". He'll be here for a meeting soon, and he'll learn that there are no more favors.