• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Daily things 5️⃣ Three Things Thursday

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Two meetings this afternoon that I don't want to attend.

2) I hope to get some sleep this weekend. :sleep:

3) I'm ready for my vacation. It doesn't start until late next week.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
1. Holy cow. Things are moving forward.
2. Ich komme aus Amerika.
3. We need a new water heater.💸💸💸💸

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. It's February 25. I am officially ready for spring to get here
2. I think I read daylight savings time starts on 3/14 (pi day?) this year
3. I was happy yesterday to see kjel posting again

kms

Cyburbian
1. Birds are singing outside my window. The sun is shining and the next two weeks should be in the 40's or warmer.

2. Our boss may be letting up a little on our field work restrictions.

3. I'm tired of looking at screens, so why am I here?

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Mom starts chemo in . . . 15 minutes.

2) I really want to redo the entire inside of my house - paint, carpet/wood, windows, etc. I guess staring at the same issues for a year will make you want to redo the nest.

3) I really want to be happy.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
1) Winter is finally breaking. I may attempt a bike ride this weekend. A walk at a minimum.
2) I am not sure if coffee is better than crack
3) My Mom and Step Dad got their first COVID shots which is a relief

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Uncomfortable meeting starts in 5 minutes . . .

I am off tomorrow! Running away - literally - for my sanity.

Local news is all over the 1 year anniversary of declaring a pandemic. I really don't want to hear that, because it reminds me how long we've been under this dark cloud with no silver lining.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) I ordered a power washer. There are a bunch of things that I will be using it for in the next few months.

2) It might hit 80 today, buds are breaking open on some trees, flowers are starting to come up, and I am planning on mowing the lawn on Saturday morning.

3) I am fascinated by the sociological changes as a result of COVID 19 and how virtual work environments might further benefit small towns, tourist communities, and community gathering spaces.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
1. I enjoy doing stuff for myself instead of paying someone. That does not extend to power washing. So if Mskis wants to head south there's a Benjamin for you in about a month so you can wash off all the pollen that collects on everything.

2. I know I posted this before and I'm trying to resist but I'm really ready to buy a new car. It's hard to keep stalling . . .

3. Why do some people just seem to love drama? Willingly promoting discord is not cool. And just may get someone fired.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
1.) Seeing one of my kid's activities for the first time in a year

2.) I don't like Interstate 80. It is one big wagon train of semis.

3.) I am in my own private Idaho in Iowa.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. got an appointment to go to the Sec. of States office tomorrow - only took two months.
2. It's amazing how quickly one transitions to back to work in-office. I think the 'novelty' lasted maybe 20 minutes? Now it's back to the grind
3. I drink mostly instant coffee since covid.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Another day of meetings, but most of these will be short.

2) It's my Friday! Have several personal items to take care of tomorrow, including car inspection for registration renewal.:| :indifferrent:

3) On my second cup of :coffee:coffee:coffee: already.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
1.) Once you have almost died, you don't perceive things the same way again
2.) I am really looking forward to getting this move over with and hopefully can have nice last part of my career
3.) I really like the German model of pro soccer. I wish all our pro sports had it.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Today has been a tolerable day and I find perspective is easily within grasp
2. That can of chili I had for lunch was maybe not the wisest of choices
3. It's gray and rainy today. A good day to put out seedling transplant trays for hardening off.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
3.) I really like the German model of pro soccer. I wish all our pro sports had it.
I can't wait to go to a Bundesliga game! Though I am pretty sure my adopted team is Schlecht.

1. Trying to resist the urge to make it a Taco Thursday.
2. I miss being able to afford to go to professional sports games. I remember when you could walk up to the booth at Fenway and get cheap and decent seats.
3. Not all bagels are created equal.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Trying to resist the urge to make it a Taco Thursday.
1619723631309.png

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
1.) Once you have almost died, you don't perceive things the same way again
2.) I am really looking forward to getting this move over with and hopefully can have nice last part of my career
Once you get your first, honest to goodness death threat, you don't perceive things the same way again.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I got up extra early and yet was not able to eat any breakfast, and now I'm paying for it
2. I could stand to pay a bit more, I guess
3. I'm just flying through these staff reports today. My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives...
1621520799048.png

MD Planner

Cyburbian
1. We have a councilmember who is here 3 hours early for a meeting. This is common. And annoying.
2. First reading of the budget is tonight. I think we've got all the difficult stuff hammered out so shouldn't be too bad.
3. Hoping stadiums are back to full capacity by fall. I really want to attend some college football games.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) It is getting hot around here and the kids told me today that their water bottles are broken. Guess what I am buying on my way home!
2) Today I remembered why I don't eat pizza for lunch.
3) The new Ford Lighting (all electric truck) looks cool as hell... and I was shocked to see that it is not much price difference than the gas powered versions. I would not buy a tesla cyber truck, but I would buy the Lighting.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Taking the afternoon off.
2. I'm pretty current with most work atm
3. Tomorrow we get the fence replaced

Bubba

Cyburbian
3. Tomorrow we get the fence replaced
Pics or it didn't happen. This probably belongs more in the Home Improvements thread, but replacing our fence is one of the next things on the overall list for us.

Hawkeye66

Cyburbian
1.) Son #3 graduates from HS tonight. He is going 5 hours away in the Fall so its sort of bittersweet. My child support is going way down, so there is an upside.
2.) I took tomorrow off so I have a 4 day weekend. Yay for me.
3.) I had a bat fly into my house when I was coming in from my porch the other night. I opened the door fully until it flew back out. That was interesting.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) New timesheet/expense program at work. Talk about bad rollout!

2) Turkey tacos for dinner tonight.

3) No 4-day weekend for me, but I will be enjoying some time with other real people - my cousin's visiting, and she's vaccinated.

HomerJ

Cyburbian
1. It was raining for days here and I was complaining a lot about that. Then today it stopped raining and I started complaining about how hot it is. Guess I'm just feeling complainy!

2. I've been spending way too much time drilling into the tiniest subscriptions that barely make up any of my monthly spending.

3. Is it actually possible to miss air travel and/or going through airports?

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
1. I am unemployed. By choice.
2. My dog knows when I am cooking broccoli and comes running for a snack.
3. Wocka wocka.

Reactions: kms

Doohickie

Cyburbian
1. My Sleep Number bed arrives tomorrow. We're gonna be fan-say!
2. Fried bologna & onions: The Dinner of Champions!
3. The long holiday weekend is HERE! (So naturally the rain is rolling in...)

kms

Cyburbian
1. Mental health day today.

2. My son closed on his house today. It was my mom's house, and I know she old want him to have it.

3. I'm looking forward to a 3 day weekend. Saturday's weather will keep me indoors.

Bubba

Cyburbian
1. Kitchen refrigerator suddenly died yesterday. New one won't be delivered until Monday morning.

2. The affected food is now scattered between our beer fridge, the guys next door's beer fridge, and a big 'ol cooler. Hurrah for beer fridges!

3. We have way too much food stockpiled...or maybe I just have way too much beer in the beer fridge...

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) Doctor drew blood at my appt, so I splurged on lunch - rather than eat leftovers.

2) My dad is having computer problems and wants Hubby to help him. However, Hubby hates doing Tech Support. I just reminded him we want to stay in the will . . .

3) Lots of family stuff this weekend. I foresee a trip to the liquor store to compensate.