Three Things Thursday

1) Still have the cold - now it has a nasty, infrequent cough.

2) My dog is loving having 2 people home to pay attention to her - lots of walks!

3) Heading to the movies tonight - seeing something that's been out for a while so won't be crowded.

Bubba

Cyburbian
1. I think my firm and our clients are just about to the point where no one is able to get much done for the rest of the year. Almost. Doesn't seem to be stopping me from having to travel next week, though.

2. Looks like most of the leaves in my yard have fallen. Hopefully that means I can get out next weekend and do one final clean-up, and not have to worry about getting back out on Christmas morning to clear anything off again....

3a. ...since we'll be hosting Christmas dinner for my wife's family (plus my sister, and hopefully one of our neighbors**). In the ~28 years that I've known her, my SIL has never contributed a single item of food to any of their family gatherings. I told Mrs. Bubba that I won't let her in the house this time without something in her hands, even if it's a package of the cheapest store-bought rolls she can find. Bah humbug.

3b. **The widow across the street from of has a tradition of Christmas Eve dinner with her family, followed by Midnight Mass. We've extended an invitation to her for dinner on Christmas Day - hopefully she accepts - she'll bring over some good wine to share. :wine:

Planit

Cyburbian
These are the top 3 things that merchants said during our construction update meeting this morning:

3. A policeman should be at every corner to direct people where to park
2. We park in front of our building because there's no place else to park & I've lost business because our customers can't find a place to park
...and the #1 response...
1. Our floors are getting messed up because our customers won't wipe their feet when they come in our store

1) Once again this weekend is shaping up to be very busy... and I am not looking forward to it.
2) I hate the afternoons after I eat a big lunch.
3) I really appreciate the flexibility of my job.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I'm only going to say this once....it is COLD
2. This caffeine buzz has a decidedly unwholesome feel to it
3. Just paid the water bill

1) Office email and internet are back online. Guess I need to work online rather than read manuals . . .

2) One of my planners is leaving. Guess who gets to pick up her stuff . . .

3) My calendar is getting full. Like way in advance.

1. The three things are major projects in my group. But due to attrition, my group consists of me, myself and I.
2. All three projects are at the review stage which means I need to devote my full attention to them... each of them... all at the same time.
3. It's worth it though: Part of the attrition in my group was the group lead who was generally ineffective. His replacement will be here as early as Monday.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Need to do a land use inventory today for a future overlay district
2. the coffee machine doesn't seem to be producing enough heat
3. I'm in the mood for some tea anyway