• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Thursday 3/25/04 Noontime question from Michaelskis

Do you believe???

• Yes I believe in horoscopes

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • No I do not believe in horoscopes

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Other / what is this “horoscope” that you speak of

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Yesterday Maister and I were talking about horoscopes, because the one that I had for yesterday was dead on… but a day behind. So it made me wonder…

What are your thoughts on horoscopes, and if you believe in them, how much of a role do they play in your life?

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Bunk in my opinion....but occasionally they do seem to be right on....

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Does this tell you anything-
in our newspaper, they place them with the comics.

Last edited:

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I dont pay attention to them, but every once in a while I read the day-olds to see how close they are. Usually not very..

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
michaelskis said:
the one that I had for yesterday was dead on… but a day behind.
I'm thinking there's a lucrative market here - I would be willing (for a price) to write anyone's horoscope....for yesterday. Please include name, email and details of what happened to you on the previous day. :-D

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Maister said:
I'm thinking there's a lucrative market here - I would be willing (for a price) to write anyone's horoscope....for yesterday.
Just how many :b:'s would be enough?

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Chet said:
I dont pay attention to them, but every once in a while I read the day-olds to see how close they are. Usually not very..
Most horoscopes aren't even horoscopes. An actual horoscope could be wrong. The ones that run in the local paper don't even predict events - they read more like advice......"...try to listen carefully to what others others are saying, good communication is key..."

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
JNA said:
Just how many :b:'s would be enough?
that cyber beer is quite sufficient. Thank you for your payment.

JNA's horoscope for 3/24/04********
You were bothered incessantly by whiney losers at work yesterday who failed to recognize your superior intellect and natural leadership abilities. That was good thinking stopping when you did at that intersection - had you not, it would have resulted in a serious collision. You found yesterday's television programs to be lowbrow and insipid.

Thank you for hiring retro-scope tm

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Here's mine for today; couldn't be further from the mark:

If you're in a committed relationship, expect a new sense of mutual purpose to come to both of you - along with some new friends. If you aren't currently involved, dear Sagittarius, love could come into your life today. This could be a case of "it's about time!" However, changes within you are attracting interesting people. Children who come into your life at this time might prove to be natural gurus, unconsciously helping you along in your spiritual quest. Enjoy it!

nerudite

Cyburbian
I don't believe in them, but I find them fun to read. Now fortune cookies... those I pay attention to! Especially after you add the words 'in bed' at the end. :-D

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
Maister said:
that cyber beer is quite sufficient.
isn't it actually a cyBeer?

i digress...and i agree that most of the horrorscopes are just advice and if you say anything broadly enough, you can probably make it fit...like a fortune teller...it's all crap

biscuit

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
I don't believe in them, but I find them fun to read. Now fortune cookies... those I pay attention to! Especially after you add the words 'in bed' at the end. :-D
I had Thai food today for lunch and got a fortune cookie with my curry noodles. (What's Thai about that?) Anyway, it said "He who knows that he has enough is rich... in bed."

I think not! :-D

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Sometimes they are on the money, and sometimes they are not. Sometimes I wish I could travel back to the past in order to alter the future.

Oh, you meant that cr*p

I have been a student of astrology for more than 2 decades and friends of mine are twisting my arm to do it professionally. But the "daily" horoscope in the paper is utter crap, as is 'sun sign astrology'. I thought you meant real astrology. But few people seem to even know what that is.

Yea, verily, the "daily" horoscope is done in the great "Fortune Teller's Tradition" of "I predict that there will be an earthquake somewhere in California today. And someone, somewhere, will end up in the ER today. Even as we speak, someone is ..." yatta yatta yatta.

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Sometimes they are on the money, and sometimes they are not. Sometimes I wish I could travel back to the past in order to alter the future.
Time Travel...did I see a reference to time travel...You got to understand that ZG, Trail Nazi and I love to read time travel sci fi stuff.....Best reads...Mental candy.

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
sisterceleste said:
Time Travel...did I see a reference to time travel...You got to understand that ZG, Trail Nazi and I love to read time travel sci fi stuff.....Best reads...Mental candy.
I think it is possible, the thing I often wonder about is what happens to something once it gets sucked into a blackhole. Where does it go, another galaxy or dimension?
B-)

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Rumpy Tunanator said:
what happens to something once it gets sucked into a blackhole. Where does it go, another galaxy or dimension?
B-)
Yes..yes...all of the above...and don't forget wormholes.

JNL

Cyburbian
Another vote here for don't believe in them but they're fun to read sometimes.

nerudite - check out the fortune I added to my signature line - very relevant to where I'm at, at the moment in several ways.