• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Time for fireworks

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
The 4th of July, Independence Day, is knocking on the door, so bust out the fireworks and BBQ grills! We are planning to attend a music festival in New Orleans this weekend and a party or two. :-}

What are your plans?

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I took the week off. I plan on going "Up North" in Wisconsin to Minocqua and Eagle River. Hopefully get some mountain biking, fishing, boating, and beer drinking in. I am looking forward to having a whopping 9 days in a row off.

biscuit

Cyburbian
No definite plans here but we have intentions of going to a downtown concert to see Cake tomorrow night, seeing some of the races at the Pittsburgh Regatta on Saturday and then watching the big fireworks display from atop of my ofice building on Sunday night. I'm looking forward to three day weekend washed down with some good beer. :-D

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Friday in South Haven with the new GF, then off to Chicago on Sat, Sun, and Mon to visit one of her friends.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Tomorrow I leave work early to drive a couple hours to pick up the young 'un from camp (he's been there since Sunday). Other than that: Sunday we'll be going to Mom's country club for dinner and the fireworks display (soooo much better than the big city public displays with their hundreds of thousands of people). Monday will be the beach.

Rem

Cyburbian
I'll be workin' for the man - ie. Mrs Rem, it's a Sunday. :-D

boiker

Cyburbian
Tonight, relax.
Saturday, Fireworks at a nearby park.
Sunday, Fireworks on the riverfront downtown
Monday, gardening and yard work.

We have a breakfast BBQ, then a lunch BBQ on Sunday. Now that the baby goes to bed at 6:30, our social lives are pretty non-existent.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
The Worlds Largest Outdoor Music Festical

Wednesday was a riot down there - I had a hard time deciding who to see. Taking different stages at the same time were:

-Nickleback and Three Doors Down
-The Gin Blossoms
-The Fixx
-Styx
-Pat Benatar

You had to have a separate ticket to see the Nickleback / Three Doors Down show, so I jus twandfered between the '80's has-beens.

SGB

Cyburbian
I'll be about 80 miles north of Downtown, enjoying the fair and fireworks with the inlaws.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Trying to find a replacement hub for the weedwacker. Why don't retailers sell these things in their main stores, instead of as a "part". The damn thing is the first thing to go.

Party at a friends house Sunday -- very low key affair.
Picnic at the in-laws on Monday. But, although it has been dry here for 2+ weeks, the weather forecast is for a good chance of rain through the Holiday |-)