• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Time Travel & Daylight Savings Time

Is time travel possible during daylight savings time?

• Sure it is, I'll see you later tonight

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Sure, but not this way

• No, time travel is not possible

• All right, now I can go back and drink all of the beer I drank in the past

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What, you've been drinking to much Rumpy's Rampage

Votes: 7 53.8%

• Total voters

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Seeing How we have to set the clocks back an hour at 2 tonight, I was wondering if time travel would be possible tonight. I think so. Reminded me of a "Pete & Pete" episode.

"While older Pete gets Endless Mike to help him score a date with Ellen, younger Pete plans to travel back in time at the end of daylight savings time. He plans his revenge on Endless Mike.
Both Daylight Savings Time and Standard Time begin at two o'clock in the morning, not midnight as stated in this episode. For Little Pete to have "time-traveled," he would have had to stay up until two and relive the one o'clock hour. "

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Everyone knows time travel is only possible by passing through a Scottish ring of stones at midnight during a full moon, after which you meet a really hunky young Scottish guy in a kilt and...

Whoops, gotta quit reading those books...

biscuit

Cyburbian
What a great show

Pete and Pete is one of my favorite shows from my adolescence. Well, that and the Red Shoe Diaries, but we didn't have Cinimax so that was moot. Anyway, we know that Pete could only go back in time with the help of a a Krebstar(TM) Time/Space Flux Capacitor.
That, or if he could get his hands on a Deloreon that could reach 88 mph...

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Re: What a great show

biscuit said:
Anyway, we know that Pete could only go back in time with the help of a a Krebstar(TM) Time/Space Flux Capacitor.
That, or if he could get his hands on a Deloreon that could reach 88 mph...
Damn, I have to get my hands on one of those before tonight. I think they play the reruns of the show on that nickelodeon network noggon or whatever it is.
Alright whose been voting that I've been drinking to much Rumpy's Rampage?

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
So that's why the forum clock was wrong again (Now I have set the GMT offset correctly in the forums at -3)

Time travel? To where? The "future"? The past? Impossible, acording to the current physical laws. Besides... does the "future" exist already? I doubt it! and the past existed, but doesn't exist anymore. Oh and Rumpy.. lay off the Rumpy's Rampage a bit ;) (j/k)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Tuna - speaking from experience, posting while intoxicated is not a good practice. ;)

Rem

Cyburbian
Daylight saving is such an interesting topic I feel compelled to tell you NSW started DS on Saturday.

Rumpy Tuna said:
This one was posted sober, although I should have been drinking the Rampage.
Chetmeant to say "Speaking from experience - posting while sober is not a good practice".

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Rem said:
Daylight saving is such an interesting topic I feel compelled to tell you NSW started DS on Saturday.

Chetmeant to say "Speaking from experience - posting while sober is not a good practice".
Allright, thanks for clearing that one up;)

JNL

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
So that's why the forum clock was wrong again (Now I have set the GMT offset correctly in the forums at -3)
It's off again for me - we started daylight savings a couple of weeks back and finally the forum clock was right! But now it's shifted away from me again :( I need GMT +13 hours...

H

Cyburbian
I hate DLS time soo much. Today when I finish work…. It will be dark!

Curse you farmers!!!

But as far as time travel, sure it is possible. I think I time traveled in my sleep on the charter bus Saturday on the way back from Fantasy Fest!!