• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Time?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I thought that I would check in and see how everyone has been doing. With this new job, I do not have much time to be on Cyburbia because of a good size work load. I am happy that I have things to do that will keep me busy.

My question is, how much time do you spend doing "work" while you are at work?

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Depends on what kind of day it is. We're kind of like auto workers over here, don't try and get information from us on mondays or fridays.

JNL

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:

My question is, how much time do you spend doing "work" while you are at work?
Hey good to have you back.

Me, been procrastinating a lot lately, as I'm not enjoying work very much. Waiting to hear back about a job I applied for in Australia...

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Welcome back. How's the new job?

While working, I find myself checking into Cyburbia regularly during the course of the workday.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I check in, too, but I try to keep lengthy meanderings thru cyburbia limited to lunch, or at home in the evenings. Today I decorated the office for Halloween. Teammates come in and chat, or I might get a "personal" call from another Zoning Goddess, so it's not all real work.

Glad to hear you are busy and happy.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Welcome back and hope the new job is cool.

I work my ass off and then some. And then I re-energize myself through Cyburbia.

Season starts Wednesday and I wonder Can Jersey repeat?

Rem

Cyburbian
Gedunker said:
Welcome back and hope the new job is cool.

I work my ass off and then some. And then I re-energize myself through Cyburbia.
Ditto.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I'm hear about 11-12 hours a day, working about 10.5 hours or so.

tsc

Cyburbian
I often don't take lunch...and zip in and out of Cyb for maybe a couple minutes here in there.

I think I put in my time... some days more...to make up for those days I might do something that is a bit off the record. So I definately put in 40 quality hours. That's enough.. I am government...so there are no yearend bonuses to strive for.... ;)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I'll echo Gedunker and Rem. Yesterday I came in at seven and worked until five-thirty. I checked Cyburbia once in the morning to start the day, and again in the efternoon to transition from four back-to-back meetings into a "work" mode.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I've been bad lately...frequently scanning the boards. I do try to limit the time though to breaks, lunches, etc. It's hard though. So very hard.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Planderella said:
My time spent at Cyburbia is considered "research" and therefore billable. ;)
I've worked with consultants like you before (winking blinking smileyface).