• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Time

Queen B

Cyburbian
Messages
3,179
Points
25
After posting a time for Downtown to deliver, I was thinking about time.

When you look at the clock is there a particular time that over the years you find yourself connected to?
And no, I am not thinking 4:55 or 5:00.

I always find myself looking when it is 4:44 in the afternoon of middle of the night always 4:44. Not 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 5:55 but somehow 4:44 makes an strange connection.
I think it is something psychic....or is that psycho!
 
Messages
5,353
Points
31
Something about 12:34 fascinates me. Maybe because it's one of the few times in which the numbers are in sequential order.
 

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
5,415
Points
32
AIB Super Geek talents.... Why did the clocks read 10:13 in most X-Files episodes... ? Who will be the first super geek with the correct answer? Of course you could Google the answer, but that would be cheating.
 
Messages
5,353
Points
31
giff57 said:
AIB Super Geek talents.... Why did the clocks read 10:13 in most X-Files episodes... ? Who will be the first super geek with the correct answer? Of course you could Google the answer, but that would be cheating.
Without Googling and going out on a serious limb, I'll say it's because that's the approximate time when Mulder's sister was abducted.
 

ludes98

Cyburbian
Messages
1,264
Points
22
giff57 said:
AIB Super Geek talents.... Why did the clocks read 10:13 in most X-Files episodes... ? Who will be the first super geek with the correct answer? Of course you could Google the answer, but that would be cheating.
Is this opening credits time which I thought was 11:22 or is this in the epsisodes? If it is opening credits, C. Carter's wife's birthday...I think.

On topic: I don't feel connected to any particular time on the clock. I seem to check it either frequently or infrequently, but never regularly.
 

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
5,415
Points
32
The times shown were either 10:13 or 11:21 Ludes is correct about the 11:21.

10:13 anyone? Bueller?
 

nerudite

Cyburbian
Messages
6,544
Points
30
There is no particular time I notice that is unique. About three times a week, I will wake up exactly 5 minutes before my alarm is set to go off. I've tested this by changing the alarm time, and it still happens. Very weird.

The only other time I see a lot is 3:14, but that's just because I like to say in my head that it's Pi Time... I've been doing that since I was 11 or 12, when I figured out what Pi was. I don't think I see it more or less than any other time... I just notice it because I associate it with something else.
 
Messages
5,353
Points
31
ludes98 said:
Is this opening credits time which I thought was 11:22 or is this in the epsisodes? If it is opening credits, C. Carter's wife's birthday...I think.

On topic: I don't feel connected to any particular time on the clock. I seem to check it either frequently or infrequently, but never regularly.
Is it safe to assume that 10:13 is Chris Carter's b-day?
 

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
18,116
Points
63
The Canadian posters here are supposedly very connected to 4:20; both AM and PM. I don't know why.

I will say that, growing up with television prime time starting at 8:00 PM, it feels like the night starts then. Even in the Central Time Zone, 7:00 felt early, despite the start of prime time programming. My internal clock got knocked off a cycle it was on ever since I was born. I'm not a television fanatic, so I can't explain the connection without much difficulty.
 

ludes98

Cyburbian
Messages
1,264
Points
22
nerudite said:
There is no particular time I notice that is unique. About three times a week, I will wake up exactly 5 minutes before my alarm is set to go off. I've tested this by changing the alarm time, and it still happens. Very weird.
Have you tried changing clocks?

XF- I'll go with Planderella and say 10:13 is CC's birthday.
 

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
5,415
Points
32
Planderella said:
Is it safe to assume that 10:13 is Chris Carter's b-day?
It would be very safe......by the way it is also Fox Mulder's birthday.


I forgot..... here is your prize


 

nerudite

Cyburbian
Messages
6,544
Points
30
ludes98 said:
Have you tried changing clocks?
Nope. It took me at least a year to master the clock I use now. I have a terrible time 'learning' new alarm clock settings... so I'll just be okay with it the way it is now. :)
 

ludes98

Cyburbian
Messages
1,264
Points
22
nerudite said:
Nope. It took me at least a year to master the clock I use now. I have a terrible time 'learning' new alarm clock settings... so I'll just be okay with it the way it is now. :)
The reason I asked - It is possible your clock does something 5 minutes before it goes off that triggers your subsconscious. That could be what actually wakes you up.
 

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Messages
4,853
Points
26
I guess it'll be 12:00 AM... since it's always flashing on the display of my VCR.... :p (j/k)
 

ilikefish0

Cyburbian
Messages
204
Points
9
I'm fascinated with 3:15 pm. I guess it goes back to getting my first watch in grade school. I used to watch it every afternoon at the end of school so I could complain if the bell was late (what a sad, demented kid). Ever since then, i've been obsessed with 3:15 even though it has lost all significance.
 

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Messages
18,309
Points
44
SkeLeton said:
I guess it'll be 12:00 AM... since it's always flashing on the display of my VCR.... :p (j/k)
Same here...but it's also flashing that time on my microwave, clock radio, stove, telephone answering machine, etc.
 
Top