• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

To all the dog people

nerudite

Cyburbian
Nice... my alma mater makes it into the news, and it's about talking dogs ;)

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Dogs ROCK!

i KNEW Oreo could count! I was telling Dave that this AM!!!!!

My Oreo is a brain with legs, now his brother...is a dim wit.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Nice... my alma mater makes it into the news, and it's about talking dogs ;)
You went to Brazil's Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais in Belo Horizonte too?

There is no doub that dogs are intelligent. I have seen too many of them train their humans to do their bidding.

BKM

Cyburbian
Heck. They needed (federally-funded?) research to tell them that dogs' barks mean different things? Maybe they can complete a study that confirms that dogs like to sniff things.

Scientists!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Thanks, BKM

There's a great book out, although dated now, called "Drunken Goldfish". It's about all of the rediculous Federally funded research that has been performed over the years. My favorite study result --- Disco music makes spiders amorous.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Michael Stumpf said:

You went to Brazil's Pontifical Catholic University of Minas Gerais in Belo Horizonte too?
That sounds way too interesting to be where I went to school. Nope... I was an Aggie (whatever the hell that is!)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
KMateja said:
Interesting article on CNN this morning that made me think of Dan, Plannergirl and all the other planners with dogs:
Better yet ... something I've known for a long time.

Dogs laugh.'Tis true. If I tickle either of my dogs on their bellies, they'll smile, and make an irregular panting sound that covers a wider tonal range than a regular pant.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I'm owned

This is Hatcher (if you don't know hockey, he's the captain of the Dallas Stars) I'm now owned by a weimeraner. He outsmarts me at every turn. I fully believe dogs are much smarter than we think-

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: I'm owned

TexasPlanner said:
I'm now owned by a weimeraner. He outsmarts me at every turn.
If you didn't go "awwwwww" at the sight of those paws, you're not a dog person. When I moved to Orlando, Bailey's best friend was a Weimie. Goofy, silly dog.

Habanero

Cyburbian
awwwww, shucks...

Yeah, I'm the proud mommy- I even have him up on weim.net since I'm such a sucker for the blue eyes, big paws, and the water drooling..

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
A few more Portuguese Water Dog pictures ... not mine or my dogs. Bailey and Guinness aren't really typical of the breed, because they're predominantly white with some black coloring. Most Porties are either entirely black, brown, or black with some white spots.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Laughing Dogs

Yes Dan, it is true. I have one Keeshond that mostly just smiles, but the other one smiles and laughs.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Yum my mut laughs his ass off *actualy falls over doing it* when the dumb ass beagle runs into something at full force (walls, doors, trees)

Dan it wont let me post my boys pics, says i put it up on some other post in the past :-(

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
PlannerGirl said:
Dan it wont let me post my boys pics, says i put it up on some other post in the past :-(
Just rename it and upload it again ... it should work.

Jen

Cyburbian
nerudite said:

That sounds way too interesting to be where I went to school. Nope... I was an Aggie (whatever the hell that is!)
You went to Texas A & M?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Jen...

Scary as it may seem... Texas A&M isn't the only school with the Aggie mascot. I went to the University of California, Davis.

plannerkat

Cyburbian
I am owned by a german shepherd mix who is a genius at manipulating her dad & I into doing whatever she wants. She is hell bent on talking and tries her darndest to form sentences in doggie speak. She does a pretty good job of conveying what she wants us to do for her, better than many people in fact!

That weimie is the cutest thing I have seen since my friend's 8 week old blue great dane this weekend. 8 weeks old & weighs at least 20 pounds! The cat is terrified.