• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

To our Vets

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Today, on Veterans Day, I want to thank you for serving in our military. Im always grateful but today I wanted to take time to say thank you so very much.

Jeff

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
Today, on Veterans Day, I want to thank you for serving in our military. Im always grateful but today I wanted to take time to say thank you so very much.

Awwww shucks, you're so sweet. Thanks ;)

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Cheers to your vets (for fighting for freedom on WWI and WWII) and our vets (for errr... uhhh winning the Atacama desert!) :b: :b:
:)

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
While I don't support the use of force to resolve conflict, I thank you for your service and the sacrfices you have made.

Thanks Vets, and may your efforts never be forgotten.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Thanks to my dad and all living and deceased vets.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
I give thanks to VETS
like my
Grandfather - WW I - ok, he was in the Canadian Army
Father - WW II - who passed away before being recognized as a veteran, he served in the Merchant Marine in both oceans.
Uncle - WW II - Navy

Last edited:

Budgie

Cyburbian
Here, here to all our vets, including

dad, father in-law, Grandpa Sowers, GGGgrandfather Holland (118th Ohio Volunteer Infantry), GGGG uncle Barton and son Thomas, Thomas D. Holland (Iowa Volunteer Infanctry) and brother William, Uncle Glen, Uncle Kenneth, Cousin Terry, Grandfathers in-law and more friends than I care to count.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Enormous gratitude and thanks to all vets, including my grandfather (WWII), my uncles (Vietnam), and my roommate, who we all hope will never have to be a vet (he's Infantry).

Last edited:

SGB

Cyburbian
Thanks, Vets!

I'm proud of the men & women who have served and are serving the USA in the military.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Special thanks to all veterans out there, especially my Grandfather (RAF WWII) and Great Uncles (various services). To all those who made the supreme sacrifice in defense of democracy and their country - you will not be forgotten.

Hceux

Cyburbian
A special thank you goes to my great uncle who fought in WWII and in the Korean War, who was a POW in Japan and Germany, and who believed in me.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Big Easy King said:
Thank you very much Vets, especially my uncle (Vietnam) and my 2 cousins! :D
Oh, I forgot to also give props to 2 additional uncles (WWII). Thank you dearly and RIP!!!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I felt pretty bad today, on the way home from a short vacation, when my son expressed the view that Veteran's Day is a holiday, nothing more. I guess I gave him that impression. So we had a talk in the car, and I hope he understands what it means, better than I have practised it.