• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Today I Become a Man!

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Today I Become a Man. With this post I say goodbye to the innocence of childhood and enter THE CLUBE.

I’d like to thank all that have supported me throughout the past year - It does indeed take a village. Dad, you wanted me to get a life and today I’m proud to say I have one. I promise to be a good role model to the Pre-Clube members, Jr. Clube members, and Pee Wee Clube Cubs out there.

Dan, I know you're busy, but can you send the acceptance letter soon? I need to show it to the Personnel Director. Thanks.

el Guapo

Capitalist
As the the unofficial Cyburbia Mohel, first we need to check you out to see if you qualify for your Clube membership.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Congrats....now I know what I have to look forward to. :b:

Seabishop

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
As the the unofficial Cyburbia Mohel, first we need to check you out to see if you qualify for your Clube membership.
This is definitely TMI, but I seriously have a framed certificate. Good thing the polling option is disabled.

martini

Cyburbian
Gawd I got a long way to go. I just may have to start posting frivolous stuff to... um... to pad.

Wannaplan?

Bounty Hunter
Seabishop said:
With this post I say goodbye to the innocence of childhood and enter THE CLUBE.
Everybody loves a post-padder!

(Nothing against you personally, but all these threads about making it to 1,000 posts are just as pointless as all those dang-blasted polls that got everyone in a funk.)

biscuit

Cyburbian
Your father and I had hoped you would grow up to be a doctor or an attorney, not some shifty slack-filled Cyburbia Clube member. We had such big dreams for you. What did we do to turn you down this path?
You've broken your mothers heart I hope you know.

Love,
Mother Seabishop.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I was going to congratulate you, but Wanigas? took all the fun out of it. You better just get back to work.

In the meantime I'll just have to go console myself with my bottle of 1986 Cragganmore, sherry casked in Spanish Oak - stored at the main warehouse, 5th cask, third row. I think Angus tapped it, but it might have been Mac. The bottle was made in Dundee by...

H

Cyburbian
Make sure you get you free T-shirt! They tried to screw me out of mine, but finally sent it!

(just kidding) :-D

welcome to the clube!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Welcome.

1000 posts has gotten to be so passe. Just about everyone is in the 1000 Clube now. ;)

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Today I Become a Man!

Wanigas? said:
Everybody loves a post-padder!

(Nothing against you personally, but all these threads about making it to 1,000 posts are just as pointless as all those dang-blasted polls that got everyone in a funk.)
Nah, they only come about once a year for most people. And its not like they're in the serious forums. Its just part of the frivolous humor of the FAC. I'm going to keep eating my clube cake and keep making my wishes anyway. :)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Re: Re: Today I Become a Man!

Wanigas? said:
all these threads about making it to 1,000 posts are just as pointless as all those dang-blasted polls that got everyone in a funk.
Poll: Are you tired of posts announcing membership in the Clube?

1) Yes! Ban the braggarts!

2) No! I need to post a one-line congratulations message, so I can pad my post count, and join the Clube that much faster.

3) Why can't I used the italics tag anymore?

4) Why did the mods delete the post I made about Jenna Jameson?

5) Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway Segway.

H

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Today I Become a Man!

Dan said:
Poll: Are you tired of posts announcing membership in the Clube?
Ah, come one dude, it is like a tradition us newbies want to be a part of. We just want to be in YOUR clube :)

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Congrats to you Seabishop!!

All right wreck the dreams of those who want to be in the clube. You dream crushers, you. *sniff, sniff* I love the pad posts.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
Congrats to you Seabishop!!

All right wreck the dreams of those who want to be in the clube. You dream crushers, you. *sniff, sniff* I love the pad posts.
Well, the Clube would be sooo much better with you in it, so maybe we'll just have to keep it around for a while. ;)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Geez, the clube is getting to be like Florida. We moved here, now don't YOU PEOPLE move here. ;)

Dan, you should be proud that membership in YOUR clube is so desired, so desperately sought, so COOL!

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Cardinal said:
Well, the Clube would be sooo much better with you in it, so maybe we'll just have to keep it around for a while. ;)
Thanks. Now I can shoot for the stars like you guys. I have dreams again.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Hey, I just got a PM from Trail Nazi in which she darn near admitted padding today.

Maybe I should just drop this since I had a few of those words thrown my way when I was nearing the clube... ;)