• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Today I'm thankful for;

el Guapo

Capitalist
My Family
My Community
Both cities and the countryside.
The rule of law.
People that are interesting, different and funny
Living in a representative democracy.
The Interstate Highway System
People who are defending this nation in so many different ways.
People who peacefully challenge the government.
Hot water and flush toilets.
The US Constitution and it attendant Bill of Rights.
Smart, yet good hearted journalists.
The net and most especially my friends on Cyburbia.

That is as sappy as I plan to get today.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I'm happy for the plane tickets that will take me from Milwaukee to San Francisco tomorrow. Had I thought about it when I made the reservations, I would have flown today. I am especially grateful to those who lost their lives in Pennsylvania - the first to stand up and say to the terrorists "No, you will never win."

I agree with everything El Guapo and Michael said, and here are my additions:

I am thankful today for:
My health and the health of my family and friends
and
That although I don't have that million dollars, I still have enough money to frivolously spend on lip liner and breakfast at the diner, so that I may do my part to support the economy. :)

Habanero

Cyburbian
Everything Kel and El Guapo said, agree with Michael, and have to add:

I'm thankful the biggest worries in a typical day are if I can make it to the bathroom before a meeting, if traffic will be so bad that I can't get to the gym @ 6, and who's going to make dinner and clean up the kitchen.
I'm thankful my life is fairly simple and I have the ability to sit here, type away on Cyburbia, and realize how blessed I am to live in the US.

Tom R

Cyburbian
thx

In addition to whatever everyone else has said, I', thankful for my son, even though he's officially a teenager.

smarty

Cyburbian
ever so thankful for

what el guapo said plus breyers vanilla ice cream and the Chemical Brothers in my CD Player.

and my dog because no matter what, she's always happy to see me.