• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Toronto Micro-Laefest Report

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Last Saturday, Plannerbabs, Donk, Mrs. Tranplanner and myself met up for a "micro" laefest during Plannerbabs brief visit to Toronto. Actually, it was more of a 6 hour quickie tour - we managed to squeeze in St. Lawrence Market, the St. Lawrence Neighbourhood, The Distillery District, Regent Park, Cabbagetown, Greektown, Gerrard India Bazaar, and Queen East. We topped it off with a visit to the new LCBO (Liquor Store) in the converted Canadian Pacific Railway Station at Summerhill.

I brought my camera, but only took two shots. And I'm only posting one of them here, to protect the innocent ;-) This is the three of us at the Mill Street Brewery in the Distillery District, with our purchases! The free samples were yummy!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
jmf said:
How is Donk doing in Ont? I miss him.
He's hoping to be back on-line this week. I'll let him fill you in on all his misadventures in Ontario. He's not a happy camper right now.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Yes, we were good planners--made two stops to buy beer! slightly brighter photo to follow as soon as I can photoshop it down to the right size....

Rem

Cyburbian
You don't fool us with your clever disguises - I'm certain Plannerbabs is the one in the middle.

Rem said:
You don't fool us with your clever disguises - I'm certain Plannerbabs is the one in the middle.
And the tall guy is Donk. That makes the (relatively) short guy Tranplanner. Pathetic attempt to fool everyone. :p

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Seabishop said:
Goatee or no goatee?
The goatee came off the next day. I'm now a weak-chinned wonder again (thanks for making me fell self-concious Mendelman!).

Plannerbabs wishes to protect her secret identity, hence the "head shots" ;)