• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Toronto Traffic Getting Worse...

Jeff

Cyburbian
It took you Canucks all this time to realize that carpooling doesn't work?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I got my driver's license in 1983.

As a teenager from Buffalo, I had no problems finding my way around Toronto. Still, though, the congestion on the 400-series roads was intense. I was smart enough to avoid the 401 at all costs. I sucked it up, took the Gardner downtown, parked in the Eaton Centre ramp, and took the TTC from there if I needed to go beyond downtown.

Surface streets in TO moved a bit more smoothly, but Canadian drivers ticked me off. The light is red, it's not doing that seizure-inducing protected left turn notification, I'm not turning, I'm not on streetcar tracks, I'm not blocking any trolley buses ... STOP HONKING! What ... is there straight-on-red in Ontario? Hey, that guy driving the Skoda is telling me I'm number one!

donk

Cyburbian
Try living in a place where when multiple people come to a four way stop you could wait half an hour for the person with the right of way to go. No need to drive defensively where I live, all offense all of the time.