• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Job listing Town Planner - Gorham, Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
TOWN OF GORHAM, MAINE PLANNING DEPARTMENT

TOWN PLANNER

The Town of Gorham is a thriving community and one of the fastest growing towns in Maine with a population of approximately 17,000. Due to a recent promotion, we are currently seeking qualified candidates for the full-time position of Town Planner. The individual in this role will provide professional guidance to a variety of stakeholders in support of the Town’s ongoing planning, zoning, and development efforts. This is a highly skilled and responsible position working under the general supervision of the Director of Community Development. This is an excellent career opportunity for someone who enjoys a dynamic work environment!

The ideal candidate will have strong public relations skills, as well as demonstrated knowledge of community planning and zoning, economic development, and land use issues and controls. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in planning, community or economic development, public administration, or related field required. Master’s degree preferred. A minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in the management of a public sector office required. Knowledge of G.I.S. is desirable. Any equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered. A complete job description for the position can be found by visiting the “Career Opportunities” section of the Town’s website www.gorham-me.org.

The Town of Gorham offers a comprehensive package of pay, benefits, and paid time off to eligible employees, including excellent health insurance, a 457(b) deferred compensation retirement plan with a 7.5% employer match, earned vacation, sick time, and 12 paid holidays. Employees also have access to dental, vision, medical and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts, life insurance, and short-term disability. Salary depends on experience and qualifications.

HOW TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should prepare a Cover Letter, Resume, and Town of Gorham Employment Application, available on the “Employment” page of the Town’s website www.gorham-me.org. Please be sure to complete all fields on the employment application and submit application materials prior to the posted deadline. Late or incomplete submissions may not be considered.

Please mail, fax, email, or hand-deliver completed applications by 6/12/19 to:

Town of Gorham Municipal Center Attn: Jessica Hughes Executive Assistant to the Town Manager & HR 75 South Street, Suite 1 Gorham, ME 04038 Fax: 207-839-5408 jhughes@gorham.me.us

~The Town of Gorham is an Equal Opportunity Employer~

Status
Not open for further replies.