• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Trailer of the month.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Is this one foot above the flood plain, and how would you skirt it?

This was claimed to be a deer stand in Georgia. Notice they have what appears to be a power line.

Last edited:

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
El Guapo wrote:
This was claimed to be a deer stand in Georgia. Notice they have what appears to be a power line.
You know, this leaves me truly speechless. Instead, I'll just post this.

BTW, "objects on sticks" are quite commonplace as business signs throughout the South. In rewriting my zoning code, I've got specific language that prohibits the practice.

prudence

Cyburbian
I can't decide which is my favorite...

Or...

Last edited by a moderator:

planasaurus

Cyburbian
trailers on sticks

I don't understand. Why put a trailer on a stick? Why not put it on the ground?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
I dont get it...

Because Gators, Bears, and Democrats roam these parts....

gkmo62u

Cyburbian
All you smart growthers out there should like these options: going vertical permits higher densities and therefore more walkable communities.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
gkmo62u wrote:
All you smart growthers out there should like these options: going vertical permits higher densities and therefore more walkable communities.
Yeah, just don't look down!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Ok..here it is

Guys like me watched to many episodes of Hogan's Heros. We like watch towers, rifles, underground bunkers and testosterone. Its who we are. We are born this way. Its not that we want to be rednecks. Its our nature.

So yes, its like a tree house for grown men. You would never get a woman up in one. When I lived in the country I wanted to buy a place with a grain silo. Just so I could have something to build a fort on top of. We like having clear fields of fire.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Hey El Guapo - I hear the U.S. government still has some underground missile silos going cheap...why don't you invest in one of those? You'd be a whole heck of a lot harder to get at than you would be stuck in a trailer 50 feet of the ground!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Good Point

They have an old titan missile silo about forty miles from here that is up for sale. They want $1,000,000.00 US for it. That’s like 6 billion Canadian!

prudence

Cyburbian
Nike Missles...defend your planet

In the city I work for there are two old Nike missle sites...both are privately owned. One site not houses a 14,000 SF home and the other is used for parties by one of the more "intereting" residents...

el Guapo

Capitalist
Prudence

Ok, Say it with me.....1....2....3....You can have my Nike Hercules Missile when you pry it from my cold dead hands. ;)

They have an old Nike site on Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas. Kids used to go there to get high and make sweet cold war love. Now they store boats and trailer there for the military. Not me of course, I was working for Barry Goldwater's big comeback until that young punk Pat Buchanan got popular.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Big ol' holes in the ground

I think the only thing we have up here which would be comparable would be the "Diefenbunker" (named after the Prime Minister that ordered its construction - Diefenbaker). I think there might have been more than one of these things, designed and built to protect Canada's elite (hockey players, donut chefs, CBC radio hosts) in the event of nuclear holocaust.

It is or was up for sale at some point, but I seem to remember hearing something about the government backing off a bit when it looked like a motorcycle gang was going to come up with the largest offer for it...