• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Trip generation rates for Dunkin Donut facilities

tranny

Hi,

I'm trying to find information on trip generation rates (Peak AM, PM, Saturday Hours and/or daily traffic volumes) for a proposed 5,000 sf Dunkin Donuts-type facility in the NY area. The rates can be with or without a drive-thru. The ITE Trip Gen manual has rates for fast food restaurants, but I'm looking for specific rates for a Dunkin Donuts, Tim Hortons, etc.. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

cking

Question

Were you successful is getting trip data for Dunkin Donuts with/without drive-thrus?

Man With a Plan

Cyburbian
Regional preference may play a role. In the Greater Boston, drive-thru queues connect along arterial break-down lanes to form a continuous line from Portsmouth to Providence, while down here in NOVA, you can drive right up/walk in if you can find one among the Starbucks.

Random Traffic Guy

Cyburbian
ITE Trip Generation 8th Edition has categories for donut/coffee shop and bread/donut/bagel shop, both with and without drive throughs. I doubt they have many observations, but the rates are generally higher than the fast food categories.