• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Trip Generation tools in Canada?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Hey Tran (others?)... I used to use the ITE manual for figuring simple trip generation in the States. Is there an equivalent up here?

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Yes, the ITE manual :) It's widely used in Canada - in fact some of the survey data used in the manual is from Canadian sources. It's okay for use in auto-oriented areas, but I would stay away from straight application of ITE rates in areas where you have more than marginal non-auto trip making.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Awesome... at least something I learned to use in the States is transferable! ;)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
Awesome... at least something I learned to use in the States is transferable! ;)
Of course, you may have to do some adjustments - translate those ADT's into metric, or factor in how many of those trips are going to be by dogsled, for instance. :D