• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Tuesday 3/16/04 noontime question from Michaelskis

michaelskis

Cyburbian
For today’s question, I am going to ask a question that will tell a lot about someone personality.

If you were a kitchen utensil, what would you be and why?

*With 5 other questions, this turns into a great bar trick. I am about 90% now for figuring out people from 6 questions. (This is question #1)

biscuit

Cyburbian
A fork becuase they're useful and multi-funtional. You can stab a steak, twirl pasta and then eat ice cream with this one utensil... try doing that with a plastic spork.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I would say that I am a knife. Almost every type of cooking requires a knife and without them we would be gnawing at meats and vegetables or eating everything off a stick like it is a State Fair. Knives are a cook's most important and cherished tool. Knives are sharp too. They can also be used to open things and to fend off would-be attackers.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Wine corkscrew...because you can't drink the wine without first removing the cork.

boiker

Cyburbian
I'd probably be a spatula. always cleaning/removing up the remanents of the crap people leave behind

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Spoon!

You can do almost anything with it and its better than the fork and the spatula. :-}

BiteMeElmo

Cyburbian
since my first choice (pot) ;) is taken, I'l pick a pot scrubber brush. I kind of look like one.

JNL

Cyburbian
Or maybe I'm a zester - scrape away the bits I want and leave you raw! 8-! Nah it's me that feels like the 'zestee' today :-(

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I am a Can Opener!

Also, let me know if you would like to know the remaining questions (some I have asked already, others I have not, one.. someone else asked (well, kind of)

JNL

Cyburbian
Come on then, tell us! And what exactly can you tell about someone when you know all their answers?

JNL

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
What is a zester???
I see nerudite also picked this... it's a metal thing for scraping thin shavings of peel off citrus fruit (lemons, oranges), creating 'zest' that you use for decoration on cakes etc.

chrisinmd

Cyburbian
a sponge

A sponge because I am always cleaning up other people's messes. In the dictonary defined as --a confused, dirty or offensive state. The confused part of the definition fits prefectly.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
If electronic things count, a coffee bean grinder. If not, then I'd have to go with my silicone spatula--flexible, cleans right up, heat-proof, and good for getting rid of gunk and stirring stuff up ;-)

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
A fork.

Because I like to "fork around".

(Oh, man....stab me....that is sooooo lame.)

Lame Bear

nerudite

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
I wanna see a picture of Mr. Pot-Scrubber.
LOL He just has A LOT of hair. Thick dark brown/black hair and a short beard... so he does look a little like a scrub-brush. I'll have to get his consent before posting his pic of him all scruffified. :)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Well, we must have the same taste, somewhat, I like guys with dark hair and beards, altho' I have never compared them to a pot-scrubber, u obviously have one with a good sense of humor!