• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Tuesday's Pop Quiz

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
10/10... 2 lucky guesses, the constellation number and the moon vs sun size on earth's sky (pretty evident if you have in mind solar eclipses) questions.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
SkeLeton said:
the moon vs sun size on earth's sky (pretty evident if you have in mind solar eclipses) questions.
damn, that's the one I missed...didn't dawn on me to think about eclipses.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
9 for 10....missed the sun and moon appearing to be the same size question.

ludes98

Cyburbian
8/10 Missed the earth and moon size in the sky. Forgot about eclipses entirely. I was duped on the stars in our solar system..was thinking galaxy. When was the war of 1812?

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Ten of ten...

My high school had a small planetarium and an astronomy course.

7/10

Got tripped up on the sun is the ONLY star, there are only 9 not 10 planets (i could have sworn they'd reclassified something as a 10th planet!) and which appears bigger - sun or moon.

Back to the planetarium with me!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Downtown said:
Got tripped up on the sun is the ONLY star, there are only 9 not 10 planets (i could have sworn they'd reclassified something as a 10th planet!) and which appears bigger - sun or moon.
Well, they have found a 10th body orbiting the sun... But when I saw that it wasn't included in the "which is farther" question, I knew that answer had to be 9.