• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Twenty Bucks

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
could git a nice sack o' weed wit dat ...
[ot]
Not for $20... you must have connections from the source! ;)
[/ot]
And on the subject of the money... I was kind of hoping it would look different... I mean really different. It's colorful, but still kind of ugly. Jackson's wild hairdo is looking a little more tousled these days.

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
donk said:
Possession of less than 14 grams (1/2 ounce) will soon be decriminalized here....
Not if W and Ashcroft get their way. They are raising hell about this, this very minute. All sorts of threats are being spewed about locking down the border, trade wars, yada, yada, yada.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Re: boo

Tom R said:
Yeah, 30 years ago.
Yo....

Da 12 year olds got crazy 20 sacks down Lee & Indy (Lee St and Indiana Avenue for all you non-Phillyers) ... 3 blunts per bag ;)

nerudite

Cyburbian
Greenescapist said:
Not if W and Ashcroft get their way. They are raising hell about this, this very minute. All sorts of threats are being spewed about locking down the border, trade wars, yada, yada, yada.
[ot]
I think the Canadian government is pretty convinced that decriminalization is the way to go. It's all semantics anyway. Right now people smoke up all over the place up here and nobody cares. So whether it's a misdemeanor or a crime, if nobody is enforcing it doesn't matter anyway.[/ot]

Tom R

Cyburbian
Re: Re: boo

Mike D. said:
Yo....

Da 12 year olds got crazy 20 sacks down Lee & Indy (Lee St and Indiana Avenue for all you non-Phillyers) ... 3 blunts per bag ;)
"I was in Philadelphia once.

It was closed." W. C. Fields

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
CNN has a prettier picture.

Still not as nice as Australia's bills, though.

prudence

Cyburbian
Dan said:
Still not as nice as Australia's bills, though.
Is that Stalin on the AU$100 ?? I just figured since Australia initially settled by the criminal and insane...kinda like Georgia (sorry to any of the Oglethorpe clan)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I like Canada's $1 and $2 coins, as well as their higher-denomination currency. They have been doing the metal and color thing for years, while we remain a drab green. I guess colorful money will be one good outcome of the invasion.

donk

Cyburbian
I always feel like a retarded child when I am in the states.

It takes me forever to count my money and to select bills.

Colour makes it really easy to find a five or ten when needed and to quickly check your change in a check out line.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
donk said:

Colour makes it really easy to find a five or ten when needed and to quickly check your change in a check out line.
I can see that....I remember the confusion on your face when you grabbed a mixed wad of CDN and US bills out of your pocket at lunch a couple of weeks ago. ;)

prudence

Cyburbian
donk said:

THat's one of the things I hate about travelling...the currency.

Poster sized paper currency is annoying...add to that there is always one denonimation printed on business card sized paper. And I don't want the picture of some dictator's kid on it.

What else...oh, quid. Nothing like walking around with 20 pounds (is that 40-odd kilos??) of coins in your pocket. Note to the UK...paper is light and folds easily. And let's not talk about coins with a hole in the middle of it...

US currency is consistent in size. We tried dollar coins; it didn't go over well and we abandoned them.

I am sorry it takes a second to read the denomination, but I don't want it changed.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: A better $20

Mastiff said:
Here's my version....
Now that's funny!

What's funnier is that some people can tolerate their likeness being reproduced, and others cant...

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Heh heh...

I was going to do the back, but I can't find the *&^%$ falling rock pictures!