• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Twin Homes/Accessory structures

Glomer

I know I've already asked my question for the day......but just wondering what others do with this......

Twin homes on a 0 lot line.........how do you handle accessory structures/sheds???????

Glomer

Come on people!!!!!!! Maybe I need to clarify my question.

How do you handle setbacks and total sq. ft. for accessory structures on 0 lot line attached home lots???

mike gurnee

Cyburbian
A bit impatient are we? We handle accessory structures as with any residential use for lot coverage and setbacks--except for a zero side yard along the common lot line.

nerudite

Cyburbian
The places I worked in the States had accessory structures follow the regular setbacks they would usually follow. This was mostly due to fire codes and the inability to fire rate most accessory structures to have the reduced setbacks.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
We only allow zero lot line in Planned Developmenr Overlay District. Those allow pretty much anything (including any kind of accessory structure) as long as the Plan Commission and Council agree to it.

I would have responded earlier, but our solution isn't exactly black and white.