• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Two Truths and a Lie

Planderella

Cyburbian
LOL........I cheated....ALL of them are lies

1. I have no idea where I was conceived (and don't really want to know either)

2. I was in public school for first and second grade, but the rest of the years were spent in Catholic institutions

3. Come on now!!! Me live in a trailer????? No offense to those who do, but that ain't me!

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Okay then...

1. I was once shot at by a pimp for dropping a large Python from a bridge onto his Cadillac.

2. On a whim, I'm getting married tomorrow. (But between the Flyers and Eagles games)

3. Both may hands are scarred from a repelling accident when I was 16, and at a court mandated "outward bound" type camp.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Planderella said:
LOL........I cheated....ALL of them are lies

1. I have no idea where I was conceived (and don't really want to know either)

2. I was in public school for first and second grade, but the rest of the years were spent in Catholic institutions

3. Come on now!!! Me live in a trailer????? No offense to those who do, but that ain't me!

OK...then my initial proclamation stands....Mastiff is next.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Re: Okay then...

Mastiff said:
1. I was once shot at by a pimp for dropping a large Python from a bridge onto his Cadillac.

2. On a whim, I'm getting married tomorrow. (But between the Flyers and Eagles games)

3. Both may hands are scarred from a repelling accident when I was 16, and at a court mandated "outward bound" type camp.

I'm going to say #1 is the lie-

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

He's right...

It was a parent mandated church camp. Sorry Planderella, #2 is actually true.

Planderella

Cyburbian
Re: Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

Mastiff said:
He's right...

In that case, CONGRATULATIONS! :D

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

Mastiff said:
He's right...

Well congrats are in order (I think)

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

bturk said:

Well congrats are in order (I think)

More of an economic move than anything... I'm not telling my Dad until it's over. I don't want him try to fly out here to perform the ceremony.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
My turn

1. I almost became a geologist and am 8 credits short of achieving another Bachelors Degree.

2. While on my honeymoon to Britain in 1993, my wife and I partied in a gay bar referred to by the bartender as "the biggest tart mart in London".

3. I can't swim, as I have a conditon known as "negative buoyancy"

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Allright here goes:

1. I am in a promising local band.

2. I once came out of a bathroom in a hotel room to find my two friends with a hooker.

3. I am related to Madonna

Re: My turn

bturk said:
1. I almost became a geologist and am 8 credits short of achieving another Bachelors Degree.

2. While on my honeymoon to Britain in 1993, my wife and I partied in a gay bar referred to by the bartender as "the biggest tart mart in London".

3. I can't swim, as I have a conditon known as "negative buoyancy"

I think 1 is true - as many planners/geographers also rack up lots of earth science credits.

I also think #2 is true,

My vote is #3

jtfortin said:
Allright here goes:

1. I am in a promising local band.

2. I once came out of a bathroom in a hotel room to find my two friends with a hooker.

3. I am related to Madonna

Hmm, isn't madonna from WI? so i think 3 might be true. however, i'm torn between 1 and 2, so i'm going to say the lie is #2, because it was probably Jfortin that was actually with the hooker. kidding!

Planderella

Cyburbian
KMateja said:

Hmm, isn't madonna from WI? so i think 3 might be true. however, i'm torn between 1 and 2, so i'm going to say the lie is #2, because it was probably Jfortin that was actually with the hooker. kidding!

No....I think Madonna is from Michigan, but then again, what's the difference? It's all cold up there.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mastiff said:
I'll go with both #1's...

Mastiff wins for bturk's. While it is true I am 8 credits short of the BS in Geology, I did not almost become one!

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Mastiff kills two birds with one stone.

The lie is number 1. I am not in a local band. I stole the phrase from an Onion shirt.

I came out of the bathroom of a dumpy hotel in Memphis only to find two of my friends talking to a woman, who we later learned was a hooker. She had saw us walking into the room and just knocked on the door. My friends let her in because they thought someone was chasing her. She was looking for money and wrote on a paper bag (that my friend still has) that she would do anything for $50 bucks because she needed money for a cab ride across town. I still don’t know why she wrote it on a bag. She must have been a shy hooker. We gave her 2 bucks for the bus and sent her on her way….and no, she did not have to do anything for the 2 bucks.

Madonna is a distant distant relative. I was on a genealogy forum on the web and learned that her mother, Madonna Ciccone-Fortin is distantly related to my grandpa, although you have to trace it back to some people living in Quebec in the late 1800s, so it is not like I see her at family reunions or anything.

local_band_tshirt.gif

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Mmmm kay, then...

1. I climbed the Jung Frau in Switzerland, but didn't make it to the top.

2. I worked as a hot dog vendor in New Orleans.

3. I was a "tagger" in Philly, going by the name "Baron", and blacked out part of North Philly while adding grafitti to a subway train.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I'm guessing number 1 is the lie. You should have spent more time at the church camp!

Habanero

Cyburbian
I don't know, I'm going to go for #3 because I can totally picture you yelling "GET YOUR FOOTLONG HERE! HOT DOGS! HOT DOGS!"

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Busted...

I never should have used the CoD reference... I knew better.

It was PARADISE vendors! And #2 is, indeed, the lie.

Planderella

Cyburbian
I'll play fair this time:

1. I became a fantasy football coach to impress a guy.

2. I'm getting ready to go to lunch.

3. I was an extra in the movie "The Big Easy."

el Guapo

Capitalist
#3 Not that you wouldn't be just lovely as the main character. They would be sooo foolish to waste your talents on a extra's position.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Damn, I think she's logged off and gone to lunch, with her boy friend from Fantasy Football, maybe? ;).

nerudite

Cyburbian
Holy! I sleep into 11:00 a.m. one day... and look what I miss!

Just in case, I'll pick #1 just because nobody else did.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Ooo! Let me play!

1. Upon getting my commission in the Army, I was assigned to the 12th Special Forces (Green Berets).

2. Like Frodo from the Lord of The Rings, I have nine fingers, having lost (part of) one to a table saw.

3. The U.S. Marshalls in South Dakota have issued a warrant for my arrest (yeah, I'm a bad boy).