• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Two Truths and a Lie

Cardinal

Cyburbian
El Guapo said:
I'll pick 3, and aren't we supposed to wait on the prior one to finish first?

Yeah, but if she is at lunch, we can't go more than 2-3 minutes without a post.

1. Upon getting my commission in the Army, I was assigned to the 12th Special Forces (Green Berets).

True, although I quickly transferred to a more relaxed unit.

3. The U.S. Marshalls in South Dakota have issued a warrant for my arrest (yeah, I'm a bad boy).

True, although the notice accompanying the warrant for failure to pay a traffic citation had a copy of the receipt showing payment attached to it.

2. Like Frodo from the Lord of The Rings, I have nine fingers, having lost (part of) one to a table saw.

Like Norm Abrams, my best-known pupil, I still have all of my fingers.

I believe bturk is the winner.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
jtfortin said:

Madonna is a distant distant relative.
local_band_tshirt.gif

Sorry I said I wanted to jump onstage and punch your cousin.

I'll change my "who would you punch" answer to Pink. (She'd kick the sh*t out of me though)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Michael Stumpf said:

I believe bturk is the winner.

OK - we'll come back to Planderella when she returns from lunch - I'll go again:

1. I have collected vintage Volkswagens, at one time having a 1972 Beetle, a 1972 Superbeetle, a 1961 Karmann Ghia, and a 1962 Beetle.

2. After blowing out a knee in the university quad playing 'chicken' after bar time, I was removed from the X Ray technician's lab after accussing him of being "Dr. Shrinker"

3. I have a nipple pierced.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mike Wins

bturk said:

1. I have collected vintage Volkswagens, at one time having a 1972 Beetle, a 1972 Superbeetle, a 1961 Karmann Ghia, and a 1962 Beetle.

This is true. I am a member of the Vintage Volkswagen Club of America, and enjoy project restorations, although I have none at this time.

bturk said:

2. After blowing out a knee in the university quad playing 'chicken' after bar time, I was removed from the X Ray technician's lab after accussing him of being "Dr. Shrinker"

This is true, and my pockets were loaded with chicklets from a broken candy machine in the bar. In my wild accusations of the x ray tech, the chicklets spilled all over the lab.

bturk said:

3. I have a nipple pierced.
This is not true. They are both peirced.

Mike wins.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I'll put mine out there, and chack back in 10....I got something to do.

1. I had dinner with David Akers (Eagles kicker) last night.

2. I don't drink because of a near-death experience.

3. I played professional soccer (Philadelphia Kixx) for 2 years after college.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
This is bad - does my winning mean that I have to go again?

1. Three of my brothers are identical twins.
2. I am looking for a new job.
3. I love Thai food.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Well then, I'll go too..

1. I have never been arrested.
2. I called my parents back in the States after news that Pan Am flight 103 had crashed near Lockerbie Scotland to tell them I missed my flight and was not dead.
3. I have been in two (minor) airplane crashes since and five near death experiences involving foreigners and their guns and ammo.

Jeff

Cyburbian
All right....since I do have to go do some work...

Nobody got mine....

I did have dinner with Akers last night, as well as Darwin Walker and Hank Fraley.

I stopped drinking after I was nearly killed in a fire, that I shouldn't have been in, but went in because I had a little too much to drink.

While I did play soccer until I was done high school, never did it professionally....that was a lie.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
All right....since I do have to go do some work...

Nobody got mine....

I did have dinner with Akers last night, as well as Darwin Walker and Hank Fraley.

I stopped drinking after I was nearly killed in a fire, that I shouldn't have been in, but went in because I had a little too much to drink.

While I did play soccer until I was done high school, never did it professionally....that was a lie.

I think EG got yours right...

Jeff

Cyburbian
Did he change mine too?? That did say 2's at one point....

I'm so confused.....

el Guapo

Capitalist
El Guapo said:
Well then, I'll go too..

1. I have never been arrested.
2. I called my parents back in the States after news that Pan Am flight 103 had crashed near Lockerbie Scotland to tell them I missed my flight and was not dead.
3. I have been in two (minor) airplane crashes since and five near death experiences involving foreigners and their guns and ammo.

1. I was once asked to leave a place called England and placed back upon on the ferry that brought me from Holland after a short fist fight with a customs official - which he lost and then his friends took over and I lost. And the clue was here: http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1060&highlight=british+customs
2. True - I was going to fly back to the states but we got a flat tire on the way to Frankfurt. We got back to Mannheim to hear about it on the radio. The Major knew I was supposed to be on that flight. They thought I was kaput.
3. True - If the plane leaves the runway and needs repair after the landing it counts as a crash (I was the right seat both times). Them pesky foreigners tried to kill me in several locations world wide.

nerudite

Cyburbian
I'm such a bad guesser, I'll probably never get to go...

Unless you guys start running our of lies...

nerudite

Cyburbian
Thank you all for humoring me.... :)

Okay, here are my three:

1) I was shoved by Courtney Love into a wood roof support after she spied me kissing her then beau, Billy Corgan.

2) While spending the night in the middle of the Sahara desert, a bunch of Aussies and Kiwis drunk on palm date liquor nearly auctioned me off to a local for two camels.

3) I was a regular tap-dancer on Romper Room.

Planderella

Cyburbian
Sorry I took a longer lunch than usual........El Guapo got it right....I wasn't an extra in "The Big Easy." I HATED THAT MOVIE!!

nerudite said:
Thank you all for humoring me.... :)

Okay, here are my three:

1) I was shoved by Courtney Love into a wood roof support after she spied me kissing her then beau, Billy Corgan.

2) While spending the night in the middle of the Sahara desert, a bunch of Aussies and Kiwis drunk on palm date liquor nearly auctioned me off to a local for two camels.

3) I was a regular tap-dancer on Romper Room.

#2! You've mentioned smooching billy corgan in the past, i think. and being a so.cal. girl, and having lots of friends and neighbors in the biz, i can totally see you on romper room!

nerudite

Cyburbian
KMateja said:

#2! You've mentioned smooching billy corgan in the past, i think. and being a so.cal. girl, and having lots of friends and neighbors in the biz, i can totally see you on romper room!

You are too good!

#2 was a lie... although a small one. Bidding only got to a donkey and an old horse before our tour guide figured out what was going on and called the whole thing off (thank goodness!)...

el Guapo

Capitalist
Planderella said:
Sorry I took a longer lunch than usual........El Guapo got it right....I wasn't an extra in "The Big Easy." I HATED THAT MOVIE!!

I go again because I won and I just feel like going all Oprah with my life..

1. I am the first born male of the first born male of the first born male of the first born male of the first born male of my family and we all have the same middle and last name. My son is the 6th to hold such a position.
2. I worked on Jessie Jackson's security team when he first ran for president while attached to the US Secret Service.
3. We have six college degrees in geography between my wife and I. Four are graduate degrees.

Jeff

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
Kel- continue, I want to win one!

*damn 60 second rule*

I think I'm going to petition the Board of Supervisors for a waiver of the 60 sec rule....

Jeff

Cyburbian
#2....

Guns and gun nuts and Jessie Jackson just don't get along....

damn 60 sec rule

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
El Guapo said:

I go again because I won and I just feel like going all Oprah with my life..

1. I am the first born male of the first born male of the first born male of the first born male of the first born male of my family and we all have the same middle and last name. My son is the 6th to hold such a position.
2. I worked on Jessie Jackson's security team when he first ran for president while attached to the US Secret Service.
3. We have six college degrees in geography between my wife and I. Four are Graduate degrees.

#2. You would not have taken a bullet for him.