• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free (as in "free beer"). It's easy to join in!

Two Truths and a Lie

el Guapo

Capitalist
Mike DeVuono said:
#2....

Guns and gun nuts and Jessie Jackson just don't get along....

damn 60 sec rule

Bing we have a winner!. It was the G-7 Summit of Industrialized Nations at Rice University in Houston under Bush One. Jessie and I stayed at the same hotel, the Astroworld Hotel, in Houston TX - July or Aug of 1990 I think. That was our only connection. We were two doors down from each other. But I was working for the man then. Protecting Bush, Thatcher, Kohl...et. al. My job was to be a human bomb sniffing dog. I searched several places where the leaders of the free world congregated. Heady stuff to a young man.

As a side note I have heard Mr. Jackson speak several times in person. I've always considered it a shame he didn't invest that considerable talent and intellect into a real dialog on race.

My wife has four degrees in Geog. (One BA, One MA ) - Indian (One MS and Ph.D.) - US. Me - BS,MA

And the linage thing is correct. My family was an early adpopter of a middle name. Not common that far back.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
No more lies.....c'mon!

Should have had a ?? after lies....as in Nobody has any more stories to tell? Come on lads...we were having a dandy of a time with this little game....

el Guapo

Capitalist
Only cause you asked.

1. I was once a registered Democrat.
2. I have a complete place setting from a Nazi Luftwaffe mess-circa 1943.
3. My wife had to push start our car five times on our honeymoon because the starter went out the day of the wedding.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I'll try.

1. I've lived in Florida my entire life.

2. I once shook hands with Lyndon Johnson.

3. I played the drums for 15 years.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Ok...

1) I was once detained in an airport for being a smart-ass and giving security officer lip.

2) I got a concussion from pretending to be a bull and running into a tree directly behind my friend who was holding up a red towel.

3) On my first date with my current boyfriend I purposely slid down a two-story staircase rail, but couldn't land the ending and face planted on the sidewalk. I was then taken to the emergency room.

nerudite

Cyburbian
El Guapo said:
Only cause you asked.

1. I was once a registered Democrat.
2. I have a complete place setting from a Nazi Luftwaffe mess-circa 1943.
3. My wife had to push start our car five times on our honeymoon because the starter went out the day of the wedding.

I think #2 is a lie.

My dad who is a staunch republican, is currently registered democrat so he can try to oust people during the primaries.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
El Guapo, you're right. I figured I'd been pegged as a redneck (not that I mind that!) and ya'll would think I'd always been here, but I went to college in New England.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Zoning Goddess said:
El Guapo, you're right. I figured I'd been pegged as a redneck (not that I mind that!) and ya'll would think I'd always been here, but I went to college in New England.

No pegging here. I see you as quite cosmopolitan.

el Guapo

Capitalist
nerudite said:

I think #2 is a lie.

My dad who is a staunch republican, is currently registered democrat so he can try to oust people during the primaries.

We have a winner. I registered Democrat to help a very nice democrat that I was good friends with and admired retain her seat in the Kansas House. Then I swithced back after the primary. 1992. It was a squeaker.

I do own a Nazi fork that I found digging up some old ammo in Germany. Nothing special. I'm not into those things, but I can see how some would assoiciate that with conservatives.

And yes, because my wife couln't drive a stick she had to push when the starter went out.

I'm out of lies...well except one really good one. ;)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
1) I was once detained in an airport for being a smart-ass and giving security officer lip.

Definitely the lie. I think it was because you gave him the tongue.

Habanero

Cyburbian
nerudite said:
I think Tex should go... I think I know enough about bturk for the day. ;)

Aw, you feel bad for me? Thanks!

1. I met my brother for the first time in an "Oprah" moment when we were reunited at Disney World when I was 16.
2. My parents sent me to *then* Leningrad for a month because I asked what communism was at the dinner table when I was 12.
3. I grew up on a ranch in Central Heaven.. I mean Texas.

nerudite

Cyburbian
El Guapo said:
Nerudite - All Lies and propaganda, but if I'm picking one it will be 3.

You are the first to guess... and the first to be right. I must really suck at this game! (or you are too smart for your own good)...

3) On my first date with my current boyfriend I purposely slid down a two-story staircase rail, but couldn't land the ending and face planted on the sidewalk. I was then taken to the emergency room.

In reality, it was just about one story in height, and although bruised up, I didn't have to go to the emergency room. I've slid down that stupid rail since and landed it just fine... it was just because I went down too fast sitting on a slick raincoat the first time and had a little too much momentum. He liked me anyway.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Tex,

I grew up some in the Great Central Texas Metroplex. AKA Killeen-Temple-Waco

I pick the Commie trip as the lie. #2

Jeff

Cyburbian
He's lucky....she's lucky....the bannister's lucky!!

Name the movie and scene.....

nerudite

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:

Aw, you feel bad for me? Thanks!

1. I met my brother for the first time in an "Oprah" moment when we were reunited at Disney World when I was 16.
2. My parents sent me to *then* Leningrad for a month because I asked what communism was at the dinner table when I was 12.
3. I grew up on a ranch in Central Heaven.. I mean Texas.

I'm guessing #2 is a lie. I'm intrigued nonetheless!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
He's lucky....she's lucky....the bannister's lucky!!

Name the movie and scene.....

Rocky horror! hehehe

My b.f.'s name is Bradd and his ex-wife's name is Janet... they played RHPS music at their wedding. hehe

el Guapo

Capitalist
My one and only ex-wife's name is Janet. EVIL SOUL SUCKING WHORE. but, I'm ok about things now. ;)

Habanero

Cyburbian
haha 'bout the Janets-

1. True- my brother was adopted by another family and I met him for the first time when I was 16.
2. True, we didn't know if we were going to be able to leave and our guides had to get us onto a train to Moscow in the middle of the night and try to get us out of the country- we left right before the Lenin statue came down.
3. LIE. I grew up for the most part in Coral Springs, Florida. My Mom was a planner there until I was 17- then we moved back to Texas.

:)

el Guapo

Capitalist
Spill it TexasPlanner! I need a hit on the Cyburbia pipe! (NOTE: Posted 30 seconds late)

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Ok my turn

1. I am into Ethno-Botany

2. I am a Wildlife Biologist

3. I once cause damage to several buildings by igniting a garbage bag filled with oxygen and propane.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I'll check in late

1) Our family is related to the Von Trapp family singers, made famous in "The Sound of Music"

2) I have four tattoos, and like bturk have both my nipples pierced.

3) I am a registered and practicing Democrat..

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
giff57 said:
Ok my turn

1. I am into Ethno-Botany

2. I am a Wildlife Biologist

3. I once cause damage to several buildings by igniting a garbage bag filled with oxygen and propane.

#3. The damage was to only one building. ;)

Habanero

Cyburbian
SW MI Planner said:
I'll check in late

1) Our family is related to the Von Trapp family singers, made famous in "The Sound of Music"

You look so sweet and innocent- I'm going with #2.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Not #1.. I enjoy learning about how people have used plants through the ages

Jeff

Cyburbian
SW MI Planner said:
I'll check in late

#3 is a lie

el Guapo

Capitalist
bturk said:

Man you guys take things too seriously. ;)

You have the chain connecting them don't you? Don't try to deny. Everyone knows you WI planners are just body art junkies. Fess up.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Answers...let's go...almost 5:00 time for me to go....

All you guys can talk about me then...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
El Guapo said:
Everyone knows you WI planners are just body art junkies. Fess up.

Well I was thinking of getting a guiche....

Look that one up on Google. From home.