• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Two Truths and a Lie

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Michael Stumpf said:

I'll have to cast my vote for #2.

Sorry, 3 is the lie.

I have a BS in Wildlife Biology from Iowa State.

#3 happend, but I just planted the seed. I was fooling around with the mixture in small balloons and a friend that was there thought, "If a little balloon makes a little bang, then a garbage bag will be really cool". He lit the thing in his town, we heard it in ours 5 miles away. Blew the windows out of 4 stores on main street. The sheriff dropped him off and picked him up from school for his senior year of High School.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
bturk said:

Well I was thinking of getting a guiche....

Look that one up on Google. From home.

Ouch, but not as bad as a Prince Albert

Jen

Cyburbian
1) Our family is related to the Von Trapp family singers, made famous in "The Sound of Music"

2) I have four tattoos, and like bturk have both my nipples pierced.

3) I am a registered and practicing Democrat..

Tattoo's yes but pierced nipples? # 2 is a lie!

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Jen's right! #2 is the lie - I DO have four tattoo's, but no way jose on the pierced nipples. Would get my tongue pierced, but that would probably way freak people out at work.

And, we are related to the Von Trapp family singers through marriage - my grandfather was a Trapp

Yep, I'm Democrat, but that was a stupid choice, since I couldn't think of anything else!

Jen

Cyburbian
Much slower pace today being Saturday,

Now what and where are your tattoos? don't tell me let me guess! jus kiddin - idea for a new thread?

so lets stick with the mundane. ..

• I was almost born in a Burger King at 163rd st in NMB Fla.
  • My first job was in a BK
  • I met my husband in a BK

SGB

Cyburbian
1) I've moved 14 times in the last 13 years.

2) I have a M.S. in planning.

3) Inspired by the artist Christo, I once wrapped a building at my high school in plastic.

SGB

Cyburbian
Mud Princess, you are correct!

I completed the coursework, but jumped right into the job market out of financial necessity and have not turned back since for either a thesis or project to complete the degree.

Your turn!

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Oh cool, my turn!

Here goes:

1. I was one of the hundreds of screaming little girls who greeted David Cassidy at a local airport at the height of the Partridge Family's popularity.

2. Like singer Alice Cooper, I am a huge golf fan. While in Arizona to attend a golf tournament, I met Alice and we engaged in small talk for about five minutes.

3. During the 1980s, I met and talked with both Johnny Ramone and the now-deceased Joey Ramone, who also gave gave me his autograph.

Jen

Cyburbian
Re: Oh cool, my turn!

Mud Princess said:
Here goes:

1. I was one of the hundreds of screaming little girls who greeted David Cassidy at a local airport at the height of the Partridge Family's popularity.

2. Like singer Alice Cooper, I am a huge golf fan. While in Arizona to attend a golf tournament, I met Alice and we engaged in small talk for about five minutes.

3. During the 1980s, I met and talked with both Johnny Ramone and the now-deceased Joey Ramone, who also gave gave me his autograph.

Ill say # 1, you desperately wanted to go to the airport but your parents put their foot down and said no!

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Stumped you!

You're both wrong!

The answer is #2: Not only have I never met Alice Cooper, I HATE golf!

Tranplanner, I did meet the two Ramones on separate occasions. I ran into Johnny Ramone walking down the street in New York City; I was a huge fan at the time, so I stopped him and told him how much I liked his music. He was very shy. I met Joey Ramone backstage at a show where I nearly got trampled when the audience rushed the stage. He signed my backstage pass and answered all my questions about their latest album.

As for the David Cassidy story, I only went because my friend's mom was taking her...

Does this mean I get to go again?

JNL

Cyburbian
What a great way to waste time at work - catching up with all these lies! You learn a few interesting things too...

Since most people are asleep at the moment I will promote myself to next liar:

1. I have 9 piercings and my current b/f has 19
2. I recently visited an island wildlife sanctuary where I got to hold a baby kiwi = our national bird which is an endangered species (most 'Kiwis' (New Zealanders) have never seen a Kiwi)
3. My most enjoyable paper at university was called 'State and Corporate Crime'

JNL

Cyburbian
Nope - that was a new paper in my third year. I have a BA in Psychology and Criminology.

JNL

Cyburbian
Number 2 is the lie, but you can hold them! My workmate was showing me photos this morning of her holding a baby kiwi. She has friends who own a large piece of land with kiwis living in native forest on their land, so they work with the Department of Conservation to help with Kiwi conservation. They tracked this kiwi, caught it and put a transmitter on it's leg so they can track it's movements.

Oh yeah - I have 8 earrings and I recently got my eyebrow pierced. I won't tell you where all my b/f's are.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Ready to try again

In a totally different vein...

1. I wore sneakers to my wedding.

2. During the ceremony, the justice of the peace called my husband and I by the wrong names.

3. Several of the guests got food poisoning from food served at the reception.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
I wore sneakers with a dress I purchased "off-the-rack." No fancy wedding dress for me -- plus I hate dressing up.

I told all my friends and family to wear whatever they wanted, too.

SGB

Cyburbian
Here I go again.....

1) I was actively involved in theater throughout high school and college, but never in an acting role.

2) I once met my indentical (not biological) twin on a religious ski retreat.

3) I have not successfully kept to my my second New Year's resolution.

SGB

Cyburbian
Nope. #3 is true, although I've quit the demon Kodiak yet again (as of 1/6) and have none in the house or the cars to tempt me.

Now if I can only kick this mini reese's habit..........

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
JNL said:
Oh yeah - I have 8 earrings and I recently got my eyebrow pierced. I won't tell you where all my b/f's are.

Well with 19, it doesn't take mush imagination. ;)

el Guapo

Capitalist
Two lies and a truth

1. I have low level ESP. I can predict phone calls several minutes in advance on a really good day.
2. I once carried a badge in Dodge City Kansas.
3. I have earned my gunsmithing degree by correspondence.

Planderella

Cyburbian
Re: Two lies and a truth

El Guapo said:
1. I have low level ESP. I can predict phone calls several minutes in advance on a really good day.
2. I once carried a badge in Dodge City Kansas.
3. I have earned my gunsmithing degree by correspondence.

#3?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
OK here goes

1. I once vomitted on a midget (okay, little person)

2. I have twin nephews, named "Jack" and "Nicholas" in honor of the pro golfer.

3. I have a fear of heights.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Re: OK here goes

bturk said:
1. I once vomitted on a midget (okay, little person)

2. I have twin nephews, named "Jack" and "Nicholas" in honor of the pro golfer.

3. I have a fear of heights.

I pick #2

el Guapo

Capitalist
Tranplanner said:
EG - 1 and 3 are lies
Bturk - #2 is the lie

You got me.

1. I do have occasional pre-cognition but nothing that would ever be provable in Science Court(tm). - Remember that cute cartoon show?
2. Had a big silver badge that said Environmental Health. It was worthless in fist fight.
3. I'd like to take the American Gunsmithing Institute's VHS gunsmithing course someday.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
El Guapo said:
3. I'd like to take the American Gunsmithing Institute's VHS gunsmithing course someday.

I'll wait for the DVD.

Here I go again...

Two truths, and a lie...

1. I am a strict vegetarian

2. I have not met any other Cyburbanites in person (that I know of).

3. My wife is the daughter of a former employer.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
El Guapo said:

Yep. I've really got to get better at this game. I can think of a lot of lies, but very little in the way of interesting truths about myself.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
#2 is true. I have 2 year old twin nephews Jack and Nicholas. The sis in law refused to spell it "Nicklaus" though.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
donk said:
for bturk

#1 puking on a midget sounds to bad to be false.

#1 was the lie. I did puke with a midget though. We were watching Clockwork Orange and drinking grain alcohol smoothies. The Funyons cursed us both and we vomited Funyon smoothies.

donk

Cyburbian
so that means you are afraid of heights.

I'll go now

1) I am afraid of electricity and being shocked.
2) To get out of a hearing at work I ended up in the hospital.
3) I am married with 2 kids.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Me again, eh? I'm really running out of ideas...

1. I once joined a political party for the sole purpose of impressing a girl.

2. I became a Planner by accident.

3. I share the same birthday as Admiral "Kiss me, Hardy" Nelson.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Tranplanner said:
Me again, eh? I'm really running out of ideas...

1. I once joined a political party for the sole purpose of impressing a girl.

2. I became a Planner by accident.

3. I share the same birthday as Admiral "Kiss me, Hardy" Nelson.

Who didn't?