• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Two Truths and a Lie

nerudite

Cyburbian
Tran... I vote #1. People up here aren't political enough that you would have to impress them by joining a party ;)

Tranplanner said:
Me again, eh? I'm really running out of ideas...

1. I once joined a political party for the sole purpose of impressing a girl.

2. I became a Planner by accident.

3. I share the same birthday as Admiral "Kiss me, Hardy" Nelson.

Number 1 is the lie, most people are planners by accident, and who would lie about #3? :)

donk

Cyburbian
I'm with TP, I joined a political party for a girl.

But on topic, I'll say #3.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Mastiff wins...

I actually wanted to be a planner when I grew up. Strange, but true.

In first year university, I joined the "Young Conservatives", because a girl I really liked was a member, and she was trying to get others to join up. My plan didn't work - she ended up going out with my roommate instead.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Alrighty...

#1 - I was arrested and convicted of carrying a concealed weapon.

#2 - I am a member of RACES, an amatuer radio emergency group, and have had my ham license since 1989.

#3 - I spent time as a youth in Colombia with my parents, who were on a missionary assignment.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Re: Alrighty...

Mastiff said:
#1 - I was arrested and convicted of carrying a concealed weapon.

#2 - I am a member of RACES, an amatuer radio emergency group, and have had my ham license since 1989.

#3 - I spent time as a youth in Colombia with my parents, who were on a missionary assignment.

I'll bite on #1 - you were arrested but weren't convicted.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I am guessing #2. You do have your ham license (mmmm... ham...) but did not get it in 1989.

Planderella

Cyburbian
Okay....here I go for the third time.......

3. I recently started my own consulting firm in addition to maintaining my present job.

2. I'm related to Smokey Robinson.

1. I'm engaged.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Planderella said:

3. I recently started my own consulting firm in addition to maintaining my present job.

1. I'm engaged.

I'll put my chip on #1. The FF season hasn't been over THAT long...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Planderella said:

1. I'm engaged.

My money is on #1 - or have you held out on us?

Planderella

Cyburbian
I know that was way too easy. Although we've known each other for almost 3 years, we haven't been dating long enough to warrant an official engagement. However, that may change during the course of this year.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
OK...

1. I am musically versatile, having played the viola, alto sax, trumpet, drums/bells, tuba, at various times in life.

2. I have never taken an illegal drug.

3. I was forced to transfer from the University of Illinois Champaign Urbana to UW Oshkosh after a hazing incident.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Re: OK...

bturk said:
1. I am musically versatile, having played the viola, alto sax, trumpet, drums/bells, tuba, at various times in life.

2. I have never taken an illegal drug.

3. I was forced to transfer from the University of Illinois Champaign Urbana to UW Oshkosh after a hazing incident.

Hmmm...

A very tough one. I will vote #3.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Re: Re: OK...

Michael Stumpf said:

Hmmm...

A very tough one. I will vote #3.

I was going there at first... But then I thought, "No... bTurk could have been the hazee, not the hazer..." And if you're in a fraternity, you probably are an underage drinker... an "illegal drug". So, by this improbable and convoluted logic, I say #1.

bTurk can't carry a tune in a bucket.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
#1 is true. Although I was never very good at any of them.

#2 is also true - and for clarification Mastiff - underage drinking is illegal consuption of a legal drug. Trumped ya there.

#3 is false. My stories of near expulsion ring true, however. ;)

Mike's turn!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Well here goes...

1. I am addicted to Diet Coke.

2. I own my own small business and hold a patent on an internet-ready birdhouse.

3. I drive a Subaru Legacy Outback sedan.

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Michael Stumpf said:
Well here goes...

1. I am addicted to Diet Coke.

2. I own my own small business and hold a patent on an internet-ready birdhouse.

3. I drive a Subaru Legacy Outback sedan.

I'm going with #3. I bet it's some other kind of Subaru.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
And Giff takes home the prize!

No, I have not patented an internet birdhouse. It is still in the development stage.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Mud Princess said:
What on earth is an "Internet-ready birdhouse"?

Are the starlings and finches demanding DSL now??

We've trained chickens to play tic-tac-toe, so why can't a finch surf the web?

Actually, it works the other way around, as sort of a web "nest cam" for bird watchers. The idea came from a stunt on Wisconsin's PBS stations, where they suspended a camera over an eagle's nest. I still have a lot of technical issues to work out, though.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Hmmm...

Well, the lens is pointing down, and it can be removed from the outside so that it can be cleaned...

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I guess it is my turn then.

1. My ancestors have a town named after them in Kentucky

2. My parent were members of a motorcycle club

3. My name appeared on a passenger list of a crashed plane in the second season of the X-Files

Planderella

Cyburbian
giff57 said:
I guess it is my turn then.

1. My ancestors have a town named after them in Kentucky

2. My parent were members of a motorcycle club

3. My name appeared on a passenger list of a crashed plane in the second season of the X-Files

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Planderella wins!

1. It's Rineyville Ky

2. The folks were members of the Retreads, a club for older bikers.

3. My name was actually on the list, but the only showed the list down to the d's so mine didn't make it. I was a member of a XFiles BB and everyone was asked to their names to FOX. Several of the producers were also members of the board.

Planderella

Cyburbian
Great........I'm beginning to run out of Truths so I'll give you 2 Lies and 1 Truth:

2. I was once a blond.

1. I speak 4 languages - French, Spanish, Chinese and German.

3. I'm a rated 3.0 tennis player.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Planderella said:
Great........I'm beginning to run out of Truths so I'll give you 2 Lies and 1 Truth:

2. I was once a blond.

1. I speak 4 languages - French, Spanish, Chinese and German.

3. I'm a rated 3.0 tennis player.

So we have to figure out the truth? I'll say #1

Planderella

Cyburbian
I WAS holding out for a few more guesses, but you're right nerudite. I dyed my hair honey blond when I was in high school. Thank goodness I still have hair to talk about these days. BTW, I'm rated at 2.5 but slowly moving up that scale.

NHPlanner

Staff member
HEY...I got it first! ;)

So, I'll go next...playing the correct way with 2 truths and a lie...be right back with that....phone call....

Planderella

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
HEY...I got it first! ;)

So, I'll go next...playing the correct way with 2 truths and a lie...be right back with that....phone call....

Nope....you said #1, which was the multi-languages. Read closely.....I mixed up the numbers. LOL

NHPlanner

Staff member
1. My wife works with developmentally disabled adults.

2. I have met in person cyburbia members bturk, prudence, bullwinkle, peter lowitt, seabishop, and joe iliff.

3. My boss played professional football for the Kansas City Chiefs before becoming a planner.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Planderella said:

Nope....you said #1, which was the multi-languages. Read closely.....I mixed up the numbers. LOL

Oh well...I meant the blonde...so I still went next. :p

Ok, i want to go again. Two truths and a lie:

1. Every year, on the last day of school at my high school alma mater, you can find about 20 full size tractors on the school's front lawn, driven there by the local farm kids.

2. My sister and I will do almost anything on a dare for money - for a quarter, she asked my mother if my grandmother was using condoms when having sex with her boyfriend, and for $5 I ate a dead moth found on my friend's front lawn.

3. In college, instead of playing Century Club, my friends and I would drink a gallon of water and who ever went to the bathroom first would have to buy all the drinks at the bar that night.

NHPlanner

Staff member
KMateja said:
Ok, i want to go again. Two truths and a lie:

1. Every year, on the last day of school at my high school alma mater, you can find about 20 full size tractors on the school's front lawn, driven there by the local farm kids.

2. My sister and I will do almost anything on a dare for money - for a quarter, she asked my mother if my grandmother was using condoms when having sex with her boyfriend, and for $5 I ate a dead moth found on my friend's front lawn.

3. In college, instead of playing Century Club, my friends and I would drink a gallon of water and who ever went to the bathroom first would have to buy all the drinks at the bar that night.

I have to say #2...the grandmother thing is too over the top!