• Back at the office or school? Still working from home? Need to vent, or just connect with other planner and built environment types? Come join us!

Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing or masks required.

Ugly Generalizations?

otterpop

Cyburbian
Pet peeve while driving in Glacier National Park: any car with a license plate from Saskatchewan or Indiana will be driven by a slow-driving tourist couple or family that drives 10-15 miles below the speed limit, stops in the middle of the road to get photos of every wildflower and squirrel and will not use the pullouts so the rest of us can get on down the road.

I also hate the people who have bumper stickers or t-shirt with obscene words or obscene thoughts on them. Not that I am a prude. I am not offended. But I don't think a person should foist their bad manners on kids and little old ladies. It is just rude. Civility is the grease that helps a well-ordered society run.

Huston said:
What about IUPUI (Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis)? ;) How does that settle with the purebreds? Or do they even care?

If my experience is any indication, it would result in a watered-down affinity for one or the other. I got my masters at Indiana-Purdue University Fort Wayne, and I'll more or less go with IU. I married into an IU family too, so that helps. Getting rid Bobby Knight helped to.

Then there's my real alma matter, Ball State University, lost in the shuffle.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Andy Dobson said:

Then there's my real alma matter, Ball State University, lost in the shuffle.

Go Cardinals! And Hoosiers! And Jaguars.....and whatever the mascot for IUPUFW is.....

Really, we'll root for anyone who plays well...

Plannerbabs said:
Go Cardinals! And Hoosiers! And Jaguars.....and whatever the mascot for IUPUFW is.....

Really, we'll root for anyone who plays well...

Would you believe it is a Mastodon?

showphoto.php