• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

UK planning spam?

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I just got this e-mail at work. The only place where the subject e-mail address appears is on my business cards and the APA online member directory.

We are writing to request your assistance on a collaborative research project, sponsored by the U.K. Government Office of the Deputy Prime Minister. We are hoping that you will be able to provide information about democratic involvement planning in your region. Having learned about your involvement in such issues through the AICP, we would appreciate it if you could complete the attached questionnaire entitled, "Mediation within the Spatial Planning Process." Past experience suggests that this will take around 30-45 minutes. By 'mediation' we mean the following:

[snip]

Anyone else get this? Sigh ...

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Nope. I'm surprised they didn't ask for your savings account numer so they could wire transfer money out of Nigeria. ;)

Repo Man

Cyburbian
I am happy to see that the APA/AICP has gone from simply trying to sell books and seminars to selling e-mail addresses.