Updating job description

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
My boss just handed me my job description from 1989 and wants me update it. ;) :-o :h:

DVD

Cyburbian
Have fun with that. I still have to update the job description for my sanitarians. It just keeps getting pushed aside.

My boss just handed me my job description from 1989 and wants me update it. ;) :-o :h:
Your organization hasn't updated a job description since 1989? That's amazing. And kinda sad. Doesn't really help justify salary increases if nobody knows what you do.

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
And this means what ? ;) :p :lmao: :-$ 8-!
Much is done with minimal direct supervision with review concerning the obtainment of overall accomplishment of objectives.
OR

Is there any other office environment ?
Incumbent performs duties in modern office environment

DVD

Cyburbian
And this means what ? ;) :p :lmao: :-$ 8-!

OR

Is there any other office environment ?
My office environment require my skills as a trader learned in the military to acquire things from other departments. Definitely not a modern office, although I'm trying to get us set up as mobile.

I've updated and modified job descriptions before. I've also created ones for a new position. It's not bad. Work with the HR person and your boss. Make sure it's consistent with in style with other job description the city uses.