• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

uploading photos into the gallery

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I don't know how to upload photos into the gallery.

How do I do this?

Thanks

Edit: never mind I realized I needed to log into the gallery to be able to upload

Last edited:

Belle

Cyburbian
Apologies to mendelman, but I'm going to hijack this thread since it's on the same topic.

I know it would seem that uploading pictures is all very straightforward, but I can't seem to do it. Is there a FAQ or instructions somewhere? I looked and could not find one (admittedly, I looked quickly, so might have missed it)

I'm a bit confused....the gallery upload screen says my limit is 100,000 kb, but when I try to post a 479 kb picture, I get a message saying that the limit is 250 kb. ??? I don't have any photo processing software on my home computer, so I can't reduce the file size (seriously, though, I don't think I'd know how to anyway).

Does anyone have any (easy to follow) ideas?

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Reducing the file size is usually the key to getting it to work. I would also recommend the .jpg format (I think Cyburbia only takes .jpg and .gif images). If your file is not a .jpg, then converting it to one will often reduce the size. There are some shareware programs that do simple digital photo editing, although I don't personally use them. Check out CNET to see what they offer.