• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Upper Midwest Ale Fest

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Hey, can somebody re-post info and directions for next Thursday's Ale Fest in Milwaukee? Have'nt been able to find the original post. Hoping to be there.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Great question. I was wondering myself what the plans might be. BTW, I'm staying overnight at the Hilton.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
The Plan discussed previsouly was 7:00 PM at the Milwaukee Ale House.

Here's the map

edit: That map was generated by OnMilwaukee.com's bar finder. The ale house is across the street and slightly north of the star. The star is on a gay bar. LOL

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Is that where the Pub Crawl ends? Will they let people not attending the conference (me) take the Pub Crawl if they pay $25?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Greenescapist said:
I'm going to try to make it, too. I hope it's easy to find. I've never been to Milwaukee.

FROM MADISON:
I-94 east to I-794 east. Exit at Plankinton and at the end of the ramp, go straight on St Paul Ave over the draw bridge, and turn right on to Water Street. Its on the right side.

FROM THE MIDWEST CENTER:
Wisconsin Avenue east to Water Street, turn right.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Not sure if it is still allowed or not, but there is a parking lot on Water andSt. Paul. that allows free parking for Ale House patrons. Someone told me that they charge now, but who knows. Otherwise there is usually plenty of street parking along St. Paul, east of Water Street.

Hope to see y'all there.

Greenescapist

Cyburbian
Thanks for posting directions and parking tips. I'll definitely be there, but might be later than 7 since I have class here till 6.