• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Urban/downtown automotive repair

Tobinn

Cyburbian
I'm wondering if anyone has, or can point me in the direction of, decent pictures or addresses of automobile repair garages in downtown/urban setting that look good and are designed well (i.e. don't look like your typical "ugly" garage). To be clear, I'm not looking for parking garages.

Oh, and gas stations, too.

Thanks tons!

Tay-j

Cyburbian
Everett Street Autoworks in Portland is quite attractive for an autoshop IMHO, I particularly like the retro look

Everett-Street-01.jpg

unmentioned

Oil Can Henry's in Downtown Yucaipa, Calif., which is actually more of a spruced-up small-town-main-drag than a real "downtown." Nevertheless, I feel like this works quite well despite being a totally inappropriate use for the heart of the village.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
The Mobil in Delafield, Wisconsin has been mentioned here several times over the past few years. You will find photos if you search.

Tobinn

Cyburbian
Also interested in Gas Stations...

...speaking of the Delafield WI example. I did find that one on another, similar thread.

Thanks so much for the leads!!

Top Bottom