• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Urgent news: JNL delayed

Rem

Cyburbian
JNL just phoned me to advise she is unwell and under doctor's orders will not be departing as planned. She is very concerned about inconveniencing anyone who was planning to meet up with her.

If anyone has Michaelskis phone number can they ring him to make sure he has this news (he was meeting JNL at the airport). I will PM him and Maister.

JNL is awaiting some blood tests and is hopeful she may be able to get underway a week late. She may have to modify her plans so please look for updates. She sounded a little sad this AM so i am sure she would appreciate a few kind words.

I'll post again if I get any news.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
This is a bummer... This poses a question, should we post pone leafest till JNL can make it. (after all it was kind of her being in the area that sparked this whole thing...)

If not, I am still willing to get togeather with everyone on Chicago this Tuesday, but I can not afford or get enough time off to do a second laefest.

(oh and I e-mailed my hopes that she feels better soon)

Rem

Cyburbian
I've just spoken to JNL again. She is relieved that michaelskis got the news. She has been picked up by her dad and is being taken home for some TLC over the weekend. No doubt she will post some news next week.

JNL

Cyburbian
Hi everyone, thanks for your kind words :)

When I was online yesterday I hoped I was on the mend and on track for Saturday's flight, but I was worse this morning so went to the doctor and he was quite concerned and said no flying for me until at least Wednesday.

At the moment, I have tentatively rebooked for a flight into O'Hare on Wednesday. Will have to do some reshuffling as I can't change the dates of my European Contiki tour, so I have to fly on to London, England on the arranged date.

If it turns out I have glandular fever I may have to delay even longer :(

I'm at my parents place now as Rem said (cheers Rem for relaying the message :) )

michaelskis - I can't access my work email address but will be using my hotmail account over the weekend. I am very disappointed to not be flying tomorrow, but.... there isn't much I can do about it except get better! :) I am actually feeling quite a lot better now but my throat is extremely swollen.

michaelskis said:
This poses a question, should we post pone leafest till JNL can make it.

If not, I am still willing to get togeather with everyone on Chicago this Tuesday, but I can not afford or get enough time off to do a second laefest.
I think you should go ahead with it, and drink an extra beer for me! :-D

Last edited by a moderator:

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
I pray for an easy recovery for you.

Hope you can still make it to the US though.

jordanb

Cyburbian
Sorry to hear about the sickness.

What's the status on doing the tour then? I could go ahead and postpone it until she's here if other people are going to be in town, or I can do it on Tuesday, or cancel it. What do you all think?

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Hope you feel better soon!! It sucks that you had to postpone your trip, but hopefully when you do go you will feel great! There's nothing worse than being on the other side of the world and feeling yucky.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Chicago is still on!

We will just have to get togeather again when JNL gets better. (Or group trip to see her next year)

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Drink lots of juice! Hope you feel better soon--flying is not fun when not feeling well. One of my friends swears by drinking most of a bottle of whiskey when feeling ill--although if you're on any medication, might not be such a good idea....

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Plannerbabs said:
One of my friends swears by drinking most of a bottle of whiskey when feeling ill--although if you're on any medication, might not be such a good idea....
Wait... whiskey is not medication???

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Michele Zone said:
I think she meant ADDITIONAL medications that it might interact with. Everyone knows that some medications are incompatible. :-D
Good point... I think that most people should just stick to cure all alcohol!

Jen

Cyburbian
Thanks for the updateRem

THis Sounds serious JNL Take care first, Your North American buddies will be here for you whenever you show up! Honest to goodness get well soon!

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
What a bummer, It's a shame that you got sick JNL, I hope you get well soon so you can do your trip without any major inconviniences :)

Get well soon :-}

JNL

Cyburbian
Just checking in to say hi, I'm still alive :-D , and hoping to fly out on Wednesday. Not sure whether it will be to Chicago or Toronto at this stage.

It's not glandular fever, and they've got me on some antibiotics (for whatever it is... I don't think they know).

My Mum is taking good care of me :-} though I'll be heading back to the city later today.

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Although I have no knowledge of it I will try to ask some people( experts in ancient medicine) if there is any of those ancient magic potions available, which make an ailing person stand and start running about. ;-)

In the mean time do continue on those antibiotics(the virus and bacteria killers)

So Get Well Soon JNL. :-}