• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

USDA Self Help Housing Examples

jspence

Good Day-

I am trying to find photos or sketches of successful multi-family (townhome style) USDA self help housing. We have a proposal that is lacking in quality and would like to show the applicant that it can be done another way. I don't believe that affordable housing should be distiguishable by its lack of architectural treatments or thoughtful site planning. The last thing we want to do is create future opportunites for renewal.

Thanks

BKM

Cyburbian
I would contact Mercy Housing in California-or Davis, CA. However, most of their self-help products have been single family.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Check out the book "Good Neighbors: Affordable Family Housing." It offers hundreds of examples from around the country, and led me to this architectural firm, which is now designing an office building for us.