• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Definitions Use definitions in MCU application

HiFromClay

Hi,
In our little town Airlie Beach, Queensland a developer has applied for 31 metre tall "Material Change of Use - Hotel (One Hundred and Forty-Nine Rooms (149) and Ancillary Uses), Indoor Entertainment, Refreshment Premises
and Place of Assembly" under a 12 year old Preliminary Approval (PA). The PA has no use definitions so I expect they come from current Planning Scheme and/or Planning Regulation 2017. The definitions refer to Hotel as "Premises used primarily to sell liquor for consumption on the premises. Where ancillary the use may include accommodation to tourists or travellers, dining and entertainment activities." My questions are, isn't this more fitting the definition "Short-term accommodation - Premises used to provide accommodation of less than 3 consecutive months to tourists or travellers. Where ancillary the use may include a manager’s residence, office, or recreation facilities for the exclusive use of guests."? Does the application have to match the land use?

HiFromClay

I have since found
resort complex means the use of premises for—
(a) tourist and visitor accommodation that includes integrated leisure facilities; or
(b) staff accommodation that is ancillary to the use in paragraph (a); or
(c) transport facilities for the premises (a ferry terminal or air service, for example).

That sounds more like the correct use than a pub