• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Using GIS to Kill People

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
GIS is certainly a powerful tool.

Glad to hear this technology is being used to its fullest extent.

I had a tour of the Detroit Police Department two years ago and spent most of my time in their GIS lab. They tracked the amount, types, and frequencies of crimes. No more push pins and thumb tacks for them!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Beaner said:
GIS is certainly a powerful tool.

Glad to hear this technology is being used to its fullest extent.

I had a tour of the Detroit Police Department two years ago and spent most of my time in their GIS lab. They tracked the amount, types, and frequencies of crimes. No more push pins and thumb tacks for them!
Well that would be easy for Detroit... just make the whole city one big crime zone. j/k ;)

Jeff

Cyburbian
Hey good thing I went to school for GIS. Maybe I can get on board with these guys and do some killing too....

el Guapo

Capitalist
Mike DeVuono said:
Hey good thing I went to school for GIS. Maybe I can get on board with these guys and do some killing too....
Sorry Bub - You have to pee in a cup before you can defend democracy with nifty GIS software. The last Spicoli they let in labeled the Chinese Embassy - "House of Slobodan Milosevic." And we all know how that turned out. ;)

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
nerudite said:

Well that would be easy for Detroit... just make the whole city one big crime zone. j/k ;)
Okay, ha ha, I know you are joking. But let's not write off Detroit that easily. It just got moved down a notch, from #1 to #2, as one of the most dangerous cities in the U. S.

Who's the new #1?

St. Louis - http://www.morganquitno.com/cit03pop.htm